TAH because of uterus pressing on bladder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH because of uterus pressing on bladder? TAH because of uterus pressing on bladder?

Unread 03-16-2009, 06:13 PM
TAH because of uterus pressing on bladder?

Has anyone had Tah for uterus pressing on bladder

Had d&c in 06 for menstrual every two weeks along with taking birth control. had fibroids since 1997. have dyfunctional uterine bleeding with lotsof pelvic pain.Have had frquent urinary problems for 4 t0 5 years.It is outof control. I go over30 times a day. Had a cyto and uryo by an urologist. Something very huge pressing on my bladder.Bladder also is now prolapse. He believe they were my fibroids but other test showed that fibroids are located somewhere else. Gyn had beleve uterus is pressing on bladder. uterus is anteverted , but maybe toomuch. I believe my fibroids are pushing my uterus into my bladder. due to TAH on March 27. Sometimes pelvic pain feels like cramps sometimes t5hey feel like a sharp striking pain. menstrual went from 3 to7 days. Heavier than normal. Has anyone experience this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2009, 07:58 PM

Hi ms.jcb and

I am not sure if that would be a good reason to have a hysterectomy, I am not a doctor, but I can imagine if that is only the problem couldnt the doctors just change the position of the bladder so its not pressing your bladder? it could even be done via a laparoscopy..I was told by my doctor that my bladder was in the wrong position and during my surgery placed it in the correct place,
you can consider going for a second opinion and even a third. if that is the only problem I would really do some research before your surgery date....good luck sweetie
Unread 03-16-2009, 08:41 PM

Hi ms.jcb!

I had an enlarged fibroid uterus that not only pressed on my bladder but also distorted my abdomen and caused low back pain. After all the post-op healing had taken place, my back pain went away and so did my urinary frequency.

I am sending many positive thoughts your way for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 07:35 AM

There are other problems.Had d&c for menstrual every two weeks,with birth control. Also have fibroids believe to be pushing my uterus in to my bladder in which bladder has begun to prolapse.
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM

I had issues with urinary frequency. I had visited with my gyne in April 2008, and the fibroids I had were small, and not causing any issues, so we took a "wait and see" approach. (I had had an ablation in 2005 that took care of my heavy bleeding. Periods went from 13 days to 3!!) By fall 2008, I started to suffer from urinary frequency, and during my physical in November, my pcp told me my uterus was "chunky". Gotta love those medical terms!! Anyway, I put off seeing my gyne until January. By then, the fibroids had grown to a 16 week size uterus, and gyne said they had to come out. I turned 44 two days after my visit, so for me, menopause was too far off. Although rare, gyne did mention that some fibroids grow because of cancer. My mother had breast cancer, and I'm not sure if there is a link between breast and uterine cancers, but I was not willing to take that risk. So, out it came. Between the time of my visit (January 21) and the time of my surgery (March 2), the fibroids had grown more, so the gyne ended up doing a vertical incision. I am now 2 weeks post-op, and although I am still pretty sore, and moving slowly, I have noticed a huge drop in the number of bathroom visits that I have to make. And I have been drinking alot of water post-op. My gyne did not have to do a bladder sling, as it turns out the uterus was leaning so heavily on the bladder. However, no prolapsed bladder either. I was lucky enough to avoid that too.

Whatever your decision is, make sure that you have done research, had your doctor's opinions, maybe even second or third opinions. Feel comfortable with whatever decision you make. Best of luck to you!!
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:32 AM

I had very large fibroids that was causing my uterus to press on my bladder. I would suggest talking to your DR to determine why your uterus is pressing on your bladder and why he/she is suggesting a TAH.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register