3+ weeks post op pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3+ weeks post op pain 3+ weeks post op pain

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
3+ weeks post op pain

Hi, I had my surgery, vaginal laparoscopic assisted, everything out, on March 28. I felt fairly good for the most part within a day or two, but as time goes on, I seem to be having more bad days than good. I felt good enough to walk quite a few times, but did find if I went too far or too long, I felt worse the next day. The past few days tho, I haven't been doing anything like that, no over exerting myself, no lifting, etc. but I feel worse than I did before! Terrible what feel like period cramps, shooting pains straight up inside, so, so tired. I had to strain twice during BMs but that was yesterday and today, but Ive been feeling like this for a few days before. Is this still normal to hurt like this? To hurt more now than I did during the second week post op?
Thanks for any insight!
Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Re: 3+ weeks post op pain

I'm so sorry you're feeling lousy. I am almost three weeks post-op, too, and I honestly think I'm feeling worse than the first week of surgery. I went to the grocery store with hubby today and came home almost in tears because my stomach hurt so bad.

I think it's all part of the healing process. Our bodies are trying to adjust to things being gone.
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Thanks Melissa, I'm sorry you aren't feeling good either, but relieved to know its not NOT normal.
Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 03:45 PM

Hi there,

Week 3 was the worst for me too, so much more fatigued and I had the sharp crampy pains as well...no fun! Sorry you're having a rough time right now! Hang in there, it does get better!

:cathugs:
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:00 PM

You are not alone. I had my surgery April 2, so three weeks have passed, I'm going into week 4. The second week I was able to survive on only tylenol, but I am back on norco, only a half once or twice a day, along with otc motrin. If I do any walking at alll, I pay. I had trouble having a bm after taking the norco again, and I strained just a little, and also got myself bleeding red blood again. So I am taking 3 presciption stool softners and 2 T milk of mag at night and doing what I call "lamaze pooping" ( no pushing, just breathing) I am so miserable I could scream. I am 58, being older doesn't help, and also had a bladder suspension, and on top of that I had to come home with a catheter for the first week. This has been the most miserable journey of my life. And I thought my divorce was bad. It was a piece of cake next to this.
Thank God for my second husband, he was panicked at first and behaved wierdly, but he is solid gold now, superman doing everything he can to help me. If I ever feel good again, I will be delighted.
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewoman View Post
If I ever feel good again, I will be delighted.
Hi Flamewoman! I'm sorry you are in so much pain right now!! You will feel good again someday...hang in there!! Have you talked to your doctor lately and let him/her know that you are still in a lot of pain and that it really hurts to walk? May want to at least let them know how you're feeling. I'm not sure you should still be in so much pain that it hurts to walk this far along. I hope you're feeling better soon! HUGS!
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Hey Meka40,
It doesn't hurt to walk, actually it feels good. I have not tried to walk very far at all.But after when I settle down and rest the pain comes on like gangbusters. The less I do, the better I feel.
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Okay, good. I misunderstood your post and was worried. :-) Getting worn out and sore in between little activities is okay. You're doing the right thing by listening to your body! If it's tired...rest and stay in bed!
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:29 PM

My surgery was the same day as yours. I started out this week feeling terrible and feeling like I was worse off than the week prior. That lasted until Thursday and now I feel pretty good. Hopefully the same thing will happen to you . Hang in there
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM

Thank you all for sharing your stories. Sorry that you're feeling as I am, but glad I'm not alone.
Flame woman, so lucky to have an understanding hubby. I think mine is so sick of hearing me complain. I didn't think I was at first, actually, he left for Florida at my insistence the day I had surgery, to see his mom. The ticket had been bought and my kids are adults so I knew I'd be fine. But a few days after he got back I had to have my son rush me to the er as I was bleeding profusely passing 5 clots the size of eggs. Hubby came to spend the next day at,the hospital w me, but since then I feel like I'm such an annoyance, that I whine too much, I'm getting on his nerves, all I've been doing is crying since February when all my issues started. So I'm trying not to complain that much, trying to pretend I feel ok. I think he thinks I should be "all better" and since I felt good pretty good the fitst 2 or so weeks,I should be fine now. I'm sorry I kinda went off there. Think I needed to just talk. I appreciate the ears. ; )
Take care all of you, hope things get better for all of us soon!
Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register