for 9 months -years long veterans only | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

for 9 months -years long veterans only for 9 months -years long veterans only

Unread 07-03-2006, 11:26 PM
for 9 months -years long veterans only

Ok I don't want to discourage or scare anyone,hence the veterans only message title.I need to know if any of the rest of you are still having pain with sex? It has been a year.We didnt have sex until after 6 months because I was still sore.We still only have sex about once a week and while the before stuff is wonderful as ever and I am able to orgasm just as great as ever,the sex part(even with lots of lube) hurts so bad I really don't want to try it .But I do it for my husband.Then I am sore for days afterwards.Anyone else have this problem? If so what helps? Did you ahve to go to the Dr? I have an appt in august to see my dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2006, 09:55 PM

Sounds like your tissue is getting thinner and may be causing the pain. It's a normal part of aging, but the good news is, the doctor can give you something to help out and easy your pain.. good luck to you.
Unread 07-05-2006, 06:01 PM

Hi bkteller

I see from some of your previous posts that you are not on any hormone replacement? In that regard, it's not uncommon for vaginal tissues to become dry and atrophied due to low estrogen levels, and that may very well be the reason for the pain you are experiencing.

There are several options out there that might help in keeping vaginal tissues healthy. Here is a link you might find helpful and discuss options with your doctor when you see him/her next month.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_97216.htm

I have personally found that Premarin vaginal cream used 3 x a week helps considerably in keeping vaginal tissues healthy, and no pain with intercourse.

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2006, 09:01 PM

I have been on premarin creme 3 times a week for a year.It doesn't help.Thanks anyway girls. I just don't know what to do.I don't have any hot flashes or mood swings therefore I don't need HRT,but I do use Premarin creme and it doesn't help.
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:16 PM

I never had a problem with sex until just recently. It wasn't bad but had to use intimate products more and more. I just got really sore and itchy, thought it was yeast infection, tried monostat, didn't work, went to doc and he told me I had atrophic vaginitis....thining of the vaginal walls...also causes the outside to hurt if not treated. He put me on premarin (vaginal) for 2 weeks every night then 2/3 times a week there after...not sure if i have to do it for the rest of my life but u might wanna check it out....
Unread 07-06-2006, 12:22 PM

bkteller,
Maybe you just need to try a different type of estrogen creme. I felt the same exact way before I started using premarin creme (but I still need lube). It doesn't seem right that you should have to wait until August to try something new, maybe they can call in a different creme to try. Good Luck.
Unread 07-06-2006, 06:51 PM

Hey its hurt for this whole time,whats a few more weeks gonna hurt! My sister keeps telling me I just need to do it more often to stretch it out more.But my husband is a once a week kinda guy and I don't want to push that.I am going to ask about a different creme,but really I just feel like its too tight.Hubby says it feels like it is hour glass shaped now.open ,then tighter,then open again.Weird huh?I havent had painfree sex in over a year.Since before my surgery!
Unread 07-08-2006, 12:26 AM

Just because you don't have hot flashes or mood swings doesn't mean it isn't hormonal. There are many other symptoms of menopause besides those and vaginal atrophy is just one. (Others are insomnia, memory loss, fatigue, digestive problems, bladder control, bowel problems, heart disease, immune system, sex drive, sexual response, sense of well-being, bonding, loss of maternal feelings, dental, vision, hearing, weight, hair, skin, etc.)

My own atrophy was so bad that I had a horrible rectocele and all the doctors wanted to do "repair" surgery . . . but then I saw a doc who said let's try hormone therapy first and he was right! (Now my rectocele is rarely a problem.)

At first, I was put on Vagifem tablets (inserted vaginally) in combination with compounded, bio-identical hormones. Gradually, the Vagifem was decreased and now I only use the NHRT.

I cannot tell you what a difference this has made in my life!

Keep in mind that different women respond to different products. Your body may not be uptaking the Premarin for some reason. (Are you on anti-depressants? They can block the estrogen receptors in your body.) What works for some doesn't always work for others. The important thing is to not give up and keep trying other treatments.

Best wishes,
Unread 07-30-2006, 04:26 PM

Also pain with intercourse. At my one-year Doc told me it was inflamed glands in the area and prescribed steroid cream. Things are MUCH better. So don't be shy and be sure to mention this when you see your doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register