What have I done wrong? More pain and discomfort!! Fustrated!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What have I done wrong? More pain and discomfort!! Fustrated!!! What have I done wrong? More pain and discomfort!! Fustrated!!!

Unread 08-20-2005, 04:22 PM
What have I done wrong? More pain and discomfort!! Fustrated!!!

Mostly this is a vent...

I am 5.5 weeks post and I have been being GOOD!! No vacuuming - no housework - NOT even cooking... the only thing that I have really been doing is 2 15-20 walks - once in the morning and once in the evening... if it starts to feel tight- I SLOW DOWN!! The only other thing that I do is drive - an NOT far!! And not for long...

I am sitting most of the day - but I do get up to move around a bit... and I am doing my school work - most at the computer or sometimes propped up in bed (AC in there) or in my lazy boy chair...

I found last night that I was sore when rolling over in bed - kinda lie I was at about 2-3 weeks... I got it confirmed by my GP yesterday that I have a LARGE bruise above my naval - about the size of a softball - and I know there is a bruise around my incision - it has slowly been shrinking...

SO - what have I done wrong?? I am still fighting esophogitis and I am on a med for that finally...

My energy level has been getting a bit lower each day since Monday - the first day I felt good since my surgery - I did overdo it that day - but I have been good the rest of the week since!! (I only wiped down my counters and such for about 20 min with breaks)...

I am fustrated... I have a VERY patient DH thankfully...

I haven't taken pain pill for about 3 weeks now and then it was only extra-strength tylenol... It hurtss more to get up from a chair as there is real pressure type pain - it hurts more to roll over in bed and at times it just isn't comfy to lie on my side... I am a fluffy sister to the belly swelly is hard to monitor...

Just feeling fustrated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 06:24 PM

Hi techbunnyo,
I'm sorry you're not doing so well right now. I know that is frustrating. You said you saw your dr. Did you mention this to him and did he have any ideas about what could be making you feel more sore and tired besides the bruise?
I know I found that as I recovered I would go through stages when I felt I had regressed. It was usually tied to something I was trying to do that I thought I was ready for and I wasn't. I wonder if your sitting could be a problem. Sometimes too much sitting can be as hard on you as too much activity. It's something to consider. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I can send hugs and let you know you have my sympathy.
Try not to be too discouraged. It isn't abnormal to have ups and downs. Pay attention to what you're doing. You might find there's something you have added that is the culprit. Let us know if you figure it out.

's, Rita
Unread 08-20-2005, 07:37 PM

Other than the sitting - I can't figure it out... I will be having my 6 weeks check up on Wed with my surgeon - I only saw my GP yesterday... I don't really want to give up on my walking... the only other thing I can think of is that I place fetch with my dog... who knows... maybe that is it - I hope for his sake it isn't!! He will be CHOCKED with me...

Thanks for the support...

Hugs!

Shauna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 08:04 PM

Hi Shauna,

I'm sorry that you are having this setback. It seems like it is one step ahead and one (or maybe 2) steps back sometimes.

Do you think you might have pulled some abdominal muscles playing Fetch with the dog? I know that I seem to pull my abs with almost any kind of activity--even things I used to do all the time. I guess they get "out of shape" pretty fast. (Not that my abs were ever really in shape! LOL!) Then I am sore for a couple of days.

Good luck with your 6 week check up! And with your school work!
Laura
Unread 08-21-2005, 12:28 AM

I am not sure what I did... it started before I started my new meds... I am going to be really good and rest tomorrow... and see if that helps... if not - I have my 6 week appointment on Wed... see how it is by then...

Thanks for the support!

Shauna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register