Slight Fever.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Slight Fever.... Slight Fever....

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Slight Fever....

Hi again,
I have been running an on and off fever since last night. It is 100.3 right now but has been anywhere from 99.9-100.5. The papers say to call if over 100.2, so I called and left a message with triage to call me back. It is very slight....I don;t think anything is wrong.....but what causes it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Slight Fever....

hi...i too have had a slight fever, which i notice goes up when i start doing stuff. my papers say call if it goes up to 100.4 . i started to freak because a good friend of mine was in the hospital at the same time as me, coincidently on the same floor even, and she came down with the MERSA virus! but i called a nurse friend and her take was a low fever means my body is working to heal--and that is why it goes up if i'm up and down the stairs too much, or like yesterday when i was out in the world getting my staples removed .

let us know what your doc says when you get a call back.

hattie
Unread 12-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Slight Fever....

hi- I had a post op infection after my TVH in August. My fever was up to 102.6 at that time. After my last hospital discharge I was told to call if it hit 100.4 and remained there for one hour (without taking Tylenol or another fever reducer).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Slight Fever....

I had a fever after a few days home from my TVH, and felt ** then cold, and shivery, and my Dr put me on 2 lots of antibiotics for a pelvic infection. They worked quickly, as I've been feeling fine since, and finish my tablets today. It's a good idea to speak to your Dr's office.

Goodluck!
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Slight Fever....

I agree - call the Dr because if you are taking a pain reliever or motrin etc then it's likely that is also helping to reduce your fever. I never did understand that - call after 100.5, but what if I am taking percoset (tylenol based) then what would my fever really be??? In any case I also had a post op infection that presented with fever and chills. It started out slight like yours, but got worse and I definitley felt worse each day.

Good Luck - feel better!!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Slight Fever....

I would call the doctor to talk to him.

Unread 12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Slight Fever....

I called....she told me I could get readmitted and have a ton of tests done to see why I have a fever, or she could give me an antibiotic and see if the fever goes away by Monday. She checked a bunch of other things to, like lungs, legs, cuff....all of that! She did a pelvic...ick! And, I gave a stool sample....had to come home first though!

So, I am on two antibiotics and hope it goes away, it is actually really high right now!

Thanks for all of your well wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register