nervousness for hysterectomy (LAVH) is getting to me need inspiration | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nervousness for hysterectomy (LAVH) is getting to me need inspiration nervousness for hysterectomy (LAVH) is getting to me need inspiration

Unread 08-30-2014, 12:28 AM
nervousness for hysterectomy (LAVH) is getting to me need inspiration

It seems the closer I get to the date of surgery the more I cry . Is this normal? I have no children , but 2 angels. Long story short I was on clomid for 11 months 2 failed iuis 2 d&cs laprascopy 2 hsgs in 3 years. Haven't been able to stop the bleeding with out a d&c and the last one on Jan 23 only lasted 16 days before it happened again the doctor told me he is almost sure i have adeomyosis and was put on birth control 2 packs a month iud place July 2 contractions and worsening pain and sorry for the tmi bleeding going on since June 29 lavh with fallopian tubes scheduled for Sept 9 I'm so nervous I'm ready physical for no more pain contractions and bleeding but how do I help with the emotional problems of no children and not being able to have any now need words of wisdom please sorry it's so long and my poor husband tells me I will be okay if he only knew how I felt on the inside
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2014, 04:48 AM
Re: nervousness for lavh is getting to me need inspiration

You need to concentrate on your health comes first.I cannot put myself in your emotional position although right now I understand this is devastating to you.try and regroup a little to the positive.there is so much good you can do for children who have no one and your husband sounds like his primary concern is you. I know there is an ache in you but I think the people around you are happy that you are going to be ok
Unread 08-30-2014, 06:36 AM
Re: nervousness for lavh is getting to me need inspiration

I just had a LAVH yesterday and the pain is not bad. They took uterus, cervix and an ovary. Turned out I had a lot of endometriosis so they had to take an ovary. I was terrified for weeks before the surgery and cried almost every day. It is a lot to get your head around whether or not you've had children. I see it as a major rite of passage. The fear was 100 times worse than the surgery. I imagine it will take some time to process for all of us, each in our own way and time. You can do this! My anxiety was so bad. I ended up taking ativan for a few days before the surgery and that helped me.

Hyster sisters are strong! That's my motto!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2014, 07:05 AM

I felt the same way and almost cancelled twice! Then i realized i could be in pain for a little longer..........or 10 to 15 more years or possibly forever. My surgery was june 26th. Ive never felt better for as long as i can remember! You will be so happy! Dont stress or worry. You will feel like a brand new woman girl! Its great!
Unread 08-30-2014, 07:11 AM
Re: nervousness for hysterectomy (LAVH) is getting to me need inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyhotwheels View Post
It seems the closer I get to the date of surgery the more I cry . Is this normal? I have no children , but 2 angels. Long story short I was on clomid for 11 months 2 failed iuis 2 d&cs laprascopy 2 hsgs in 3 years. Haven't been able to stop the bleeding with out a d&c and the last one on Jan 23 only lasted 16 days before it happened again the doctor told me he is almost sure i have adeomyosis and was put on birth control 2 packs a month iud place July 2 contractions and worsening pain and sorry for the tmi bleeding going on since June 29 lavh with fallopian tubes scheduled for Sept 9 I'm so nervous I'm ready physical for no more pain contractions and bleeding but how do I help with the emotional problems of no children and not being able to have any now need words of wisdom please sorry it's so long and my poor husband tells me I will be okay if he only knew how I felt on the inside
Hi Snoophotwheels,

I found this article that deals with Coping with Anxiety & Fear before Hysterectomy Then I found interesting information about grief for your angels Grieving Children of My Heart after Hysterectomy Aside for finding the articles and I just wanted to give you a and extend moral support to you. There are other articles similar to these found on the website.
Unread 08-30-2014, 08:38 PM

Thank you for the support

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register