consultation scheduled for 10-1 for dVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

consultation scheduled for 10-1 for dVH consultation scheduled for 10-1 for dVH

Unread 09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
consultation scheduled for 10-1 for dVH

I am 29 years old with 2 small children, ages 3 and 1/2. I am scheduled to have a consultation tomorrow, 10-1, for a dVH.
My gyn history is this: I have had female related problems for 11 years now, including uteruine suspension, ovarian cysts, left ovary removed due to rupturing cycts, now cysts are rupturing on the right ovary, endometerosis, and now pelvic congestion syndromne. I have been on several different birth control pills and none have helped. Also did I mention that I have underactive thyroid to add to the mix.
I have been told by several gyns that eventually I would need a hysterectomy. So, I have come to the conclusion that I have had enough. I have 2 beautiful girls and I need to healthy enough to take care of them.
I going tomorrow to talk to my dr to schedule a dVH.
My questions are: I don't know what to expect from this or if I should have this done sooner than what I am thinking. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Re: consulation scheduled for 10-1 for dVH

Hello and welcome,

We are all here to support you and going through similar issues if not the same. You have to make the best decisions for you and your family.

Best wishes
Unread 10-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Re: consultation scheduled for 10-1 for dVH

How did your appointment go? I am scheduled for my da Vinci talk on Monday, so your perspective would be greatly appreciated! Anything you forgot to ask?? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2009, 07:42 PM

Hi under30

I hope your consultation went well and that you got all the information you need to know the best path for you to take.

A hysterectomy is a major surgery, and it does have risks. However, you and your doctor(s) agree that it will give you the best possible outcome in order to live the kind of life you want (including taking care of your little ones), then it can be worth the risk.

We have so many resources on this website. The most helpful to me as I was preparing for my surgery was the Pre-op forum, since that gave me a chance to hear from real women about their experiences. I also spent a lot of time on the Pre-op Resources page. (You can find the link in the blue menu bar at the top of the screen.) There are plenty of articles about different aspects of the experience, and if there is something specific you want to know about that might be a good place to go.

One of our more recent additions is the Pre-op Chats. We meet every other week in the HysterSisters chatroom. One of our hostesses will provide an overview of hysterectomy options, and then we'll go through women's questions about preparing for surgery, what to expect in the hospital and in early recovery at home, hormone changes, returning to work, and more. If you click on the link in my signature below, you'll find the archives of our previous chats. The two of them marked (dVH) were programs focusing on the da Vinci experience specifically.

I'm glad you found us before your surgery so we can help you on your way. The women who share their experiences here are the most important resource available to you.

I'm sending many :starhugs: your way.
Unread 10-03-2009, 09:06 AM

hi smitty 89.
My appoitment went well. I got alot of information from this webiste like the questions to take to your pre op appoitment. My gyn answered every question I had with alot of detail until I felt comfortable about it.
He told me that the surgery would only take an hour and that I would be able to go home the same day. Limited duties for about 2 weeks no lifiting heaver than a gallon of milk for the first 2 weeks, no sweeping, vaccumming, mopping or cleaning. Then only light things for another 2 weeks. He said by the 3rd week I should be feeling good, not great but better than what I am now. He is also going to take out my cervix to when he does it. He will leave my ovary because I only have one.
I hope this helps you. Please let me know how it goes for you and if I can help you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register