Hesitant about posting about recovery - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hesitant about posting about recovery Hesitant about posting about recovery

Unread 10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Re: Hesitant about posting about recovery

Thank You, KariKat, I'm glad you appreciate and got inspiration out of my experience! Good Luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2010, 12:38 PM

Hi Everyone,
I had Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy Thurs. 10/21. 7:30 AM. Recovery Rm. 10:30AM given pain medication by the nurse. When comfortable and pain free I was sent to my room. I slept for an hour and than I asked for coffee and toast. I was feeling well enough to want to go home. The nurse said they would have to take out the catheter. They told me I would have to use the bathroom and walk before they could let me go home. I asked for more coffee and a big glass of water. Went to the bathroom walked and by 3:30 PM I was on my way home.
I am 59 yrs old. Exercise 5x a week. On way to full recovery.
Linda
Unread 10-25-2010, 12:50 PM

Beautiful, Linda!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 06:14 AM

Cremebrulee that is so awesome. I am happy to hear that you are doing so well. It is an inspiration to those of us who packed on the pounds due to the bad uterus and depression.
I am happy to say that I started feeling really good about 2 weeks post op but I did overdue it and I rested for 2 days. I felt great after the rest.
I had a bladder suspension with my hysterectomy so I will not attempt to lift for fear of messing that up really bad. If it wasn't for that I would really be doing a lot more.
My greatest fear after surgery was the pmdd. I was so nervous that it would come back. I am happy to say that If I had not had my surgery The past 3 weeks would've been horrible just like every month of my life for the past 5 years. I feel great and relieved I have had no signs of pmdd. Some back pain but if that is it for the rest of my life no problem. I no longer feel like my family would be better off without me. I am so happy to close that chapter in my life.
Next is to lose the 30 lbs. that I have gained and that should be no problem.
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:15 AM

Linda so awesome. I am so happy for you.
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:19 AM

Thank you, Tarra

I'm glad the PMDD is gone! I'm sure the 30 pounds will come off, you seem to have a great ability to listen to your body and rest when needed. Good luck, you're doing awesome!!
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:57 AM

Hi Tara,
Now that you feel better you will welcome exercise. I had the same terrible life you had before Menopause. I only wish I had a Hysterectomy many years earlier. You made the right decision.
Linda
Unread 11-10-2010, 07:25 AM

Hello!

Today, it has been three weeks since my abdominal hysterectomy. I too am doing pretty well. I am 42; no children.

I was in the hospital for two days and walking the day after surgery. I could not imagine the pain I would feel when waking up from the procedure, but thankfully this was managed with pain meds. My doctor showed me a pic of the uterus she removed...it was huge due to fibroids! A 20-week size!

I am doing light work around the house, and yes, I am workng again. I work from home, so don't have to drive or deal with mass transit. I think I came back too early, as emotionally, I don't think I wanted to deal with all the work crap so soon. I take frequent breaks and occasional naps. My stomach is still very sore, and I can't stand to have pants around my waist. Still wearing pjs and my boyfriend's sweats. Not driving.

My doctor saw me after one and two weeks...and said I don't have to come back at all. That I found weird!

It has been very helpful to read the information on this site, so thank you to all the posters. Best wishes to you all!
Unread 11-10-2010, 07:48 AM

even though I did have compl.ications of my hyster, I find it very refreshing to hear about quick, speedy and complication-free surgeries!!! It gives all of us that have had a rough time of it, hope and reassurance that we will get to feeling better.

So... those who've had positive experiences and are healing well... PLEASE post away!!! You are not bragging at all.. you are just giving everyone the "other" side.. hehehe. And, you are all right.. It is good for those that are going into the surgery to hear about the good things!!!

Happy Healing to everyone!!!!!!!
Unread 11-10-2010, 07:55 AM

I agree with Bharris, I too have had a rough recovery and it is actually refreshing to read great recovery stories. It gives us hope and strength to know it only gets better. We all heal differently and all had "different" things done. Please keep the positive posts coming!! It helps us all. Thanks for posting this thread!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register