Feel great but still Spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feel great but still Spotting Feel great but still Spotting

Unread 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Feel great but still Spotting

It's been 1month, since my LSH with repairs, everything went awesome, had a bleeding spell went back to Doctor, I guess I tore a stitch, since then I feel great but still have spotting, I was already 6 months into not having periods, and now since Nov 28 th I'm still wearing pads, when does this spotting stop, not even sure if I should say spotting I change pad 3 times a day. It's a pinkish color. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Re: Feel great but still Spotting

Glad to hear you are feeling well, but sorry to hear about the spotting. I'm sure it is very frustrating for you. It is fairly normal to have some spotting or light bleeding in the 3 to 5 week mark (which is right where you are) because of internal stitches dissolving. It is pretty common, especially with those who had their cervix removed.

It is cause for concern if it is heavy (like a period), bright red, or has clots. I would say that if you continue to bleed and DEFINITELY if the bleeding gets worse, you should maybe give your a quick call just to make sure.

to you and I hope it stops soon!!

Unread 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Re: Feel great but still Spotting

I recently had a hysterectomy w/laparoscopy with removal of the cervix but kept ovaries. We travelled via airplane to Florida to visit family. The day before we arrived I started spotting and by the time we got there, spotting was what I would consider heavy spotting with cramps! My recovery was 3.5 weeks and was doing great other than this. It's funny when I look back, the spotting and cramping is when I would have normally had my period. The doctors discounted this as a mini-period and said spotting is normal- intemittently. The doctor said if the bleeding became "like a period" to go the nearest ER on our vacation. Thank heavens every day it got lighter, then browninsh, then gone. The whole thing took about 5 days. I am so relieved it stopped! Good luck I am sure you will get there too

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register