6 weeks post hysterectomy, doing well but will need another surgery (UPDATED) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post hysterectomy, doing well but will need another surgery (UPDATED) 6 weeks post hysterectomy, doing well but will need another surgery (UPDATED)

Unread 09-16-2015, 07:57 PM
6 weeks post hysterectomy, doing well but will need another surgery (UPDATED)

I am 6 weeks post op and doing very well. Incision looks good. Only one thing do have once in awhile is back pain, but not every night just here and there. This is my 2nd week back to work which I am a nanny. I take care of 2 almost 2 years which are cousins. I still don't pick them up.
The only down fall about this all is is that I have to have another surgery on October 5 to have my ovaries and cervix out due to them finding cancer..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Re: 6 weeks post hysterectomy, doing well but will need another surgery

Glad to hear you're doing well with your recovery and are being careful with your physical activities. Remember, you only get one chance to heal properly.

I'm very sorry your final path found cancer and that you'll be facing another surgery. Unfortunately, that does happen sometimes. For any issues or concerns related to your diagnosis, we do have a Cancer Concerns forum you're more than welcome to check out as well. There's lots of great information and experienced ladies who'll help however they can.

Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.

Unread 09-18-2015, 03:31 PM

Thank you, and thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyloie View Post
I am 6 weeks post op and doing very well. Incision looks good. Only one thing do have once in awhile is back pain, but not every night just here and there. This is my 2nd week back to work which I am a nanny. I take care of 2 almost 2 years which are cousins. I still don't pick them up.
The only down fall about this all is is that I have to have another surgery on October 5 to have my ovaries and cervix out due to them finding cancer..
Sympathize with your plight. Hope next surgery is enough to cure you and you heal well. Definitely recommend following strict precautions of the list of 10 things not to do after hysterectomy still which is found on this site. Watching 2 little ones is hard work. I had not seen that list or this site and deeply regret being active too soon after surgery. Now my recovery is very delayed.
Get well soon!
Unread 09-18-2015, 09:57 PM

Thank you I take my recovery to heart and do my best to listen to my doctors. Prayers to all Hystersisters and their recovery.
Unread 09-19-2015, 01:07 AM

Sorry to hear and hoping all goes well with your surgery!
Unread 11-09-2015, 09:53 AM
3 months post op for 1st surgery and 1 month for 2nd surgery

Doing great from both surgeries. Not really having any issues. This was the best decision me and the doctors had. Hope other are doing good themselves.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register