Anyone Severe Bloating from Fibroids?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Severe Bloating from Fibroids?? Anyone Severe Bloating from Fibroids??

Unread 03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Anyone Severe Bloating from Fibroids??

Just wondering if anyone has severe bloating in their upper abdomen from having large fibroids and an enlarged uterus?
I have a uterus the size of a 4 to 5 month pregnancy with several large fibroids. My upper abdomen gets severely bloated and tight at times. It is miserable!! Feels like I am going to blowup!!
Does anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 06:56 PM

Yes, I do. I also have a very large fibroid making my uterus the size of a full term pregnancy. My surgery is scheduled for Apr 4th. I keep my colon and intestines cleaned out really well (daily 2-3 x day) because the enlarged uterus is pushing against everything in there, the intestines go up, above the enlarged uterus, and back down the side (ascending and decending colon). If I get the least bit "full" I do an enema. Makes a huge difference with me.
Unread 03-20-2006, 06:57 PM

I don't have it in my upper abdomen it's mainly in my lower. I also have a major constipation problem along with these large fibroids so that could be some of the bloating. Sometimes I feel like something is going to drop out of me when the pressure gets bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 08:01 PM

I my gosh yes!!! And it's never consistant. I can put on a pair of pants in the morning, and they'll be too tight by the end of the afternoon if I'm on my feet too much. Yesterday, I scrubbed my bathtub and felt horrible for the rest of the day. One day constipation... the next diarrhea. Today I hurt all the way from my lower back all the way to my thighs... it's really gotten much worse in the last couple of weeks. And feeling like "something is going to drop out of me"... oh yes. I can relate.
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:10 PM

I am glad there are others that can relate to my problem but I am sorry you have it.
It really is miserable and makes it hard to function.
I am also either constipated or diarrhea.
It also makes me short of breath when I am so bloated.
Trying to stoop over to do anything causes pains and discomfort for the day if not longer.
I haven't called to set the date yet for my surgery but I am going to have to. This is just getting unbearable.
Anyone else with this problem?
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:10 PM

Yes, had major bloat issues. Fibroids were pressing on everything at the end, felt like I needed to live and work 10 feet away from the nearest restroom. Now that I am on the other side, I can really see how much it was adversely affecting my life.

Good wishes to all you pre-surgery folks!
Unread 03-20-2006, 08:27 PM

I too feel really "full" at times. But I have found with moving or walking a bit it "moves" and the pain is easier. Not sure if this makes sense. My fibroids have my uterus about 4 mos preg size. I also am finding I need to go to the bathroom more often, possibly pressing on my bladder now. And I too have had the diahrrea for "no reason".
Unread 03-20-2006, 10:13 PM

Thank you for this post. For 3 wks out of the month I thought it was 'normal' to go only a couple times a week then have diarrhea the last week. I actually welcome the diarrhea after being so bloated and 'full' all month.
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:41 AM

My fibroids aren't large and my uterus is about 12 weeks, but the bloating ....sheeesh...out of nowhere I balloon and it is so painful it doubles me up.
Unread 03-21-2006, 12:54 PM
bloating

I am having the same problem. My uterus is 19 week pregnant size, at least 3 large fibroids. My upper abdomen is so puffy, especially when I sit down and after I eat or drink anything. I believe the uterus is pushing every other organ up into my abdomen space. My surgery is first week of April. Hopefully it will all shrink afterwards

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register