Pre Op Hysterectomy Testing Today - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre Op Hysterectomy Testing Today Pre Op Hysterectomy Testing Today

Unread 06-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Re: Pre Op Hysterectomy Testing Today

Raindrop, I am sorry your surgery has to happen. I do wish you the best with the pathology report. It is strange but even though I have been told my big fibroid is "concerning" and could be cancer but probably isn't but can't be ruled out and will be tested I am not even worried about that. I am more worried about the whole beginning part of the surgery process and if I will end up in pain and have major complications like I read about on here. I am very comfortable..no pain..I sleep and pee well. periods are fine. What will I have after this is done? There is no going back. This is going to be a tough week, I would love to get a pedicure and massage but I don't think I could relax enough. Hats off to you for getting one! Wishing you all the best!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2014, 04:19 AM

I didn't have any symptoms either. I think that definitely makes it harder to go into surgery too. I scheduled a massage since I feel like I'll have a nervous breakdown. Trying to stay positive with of this but extremely difficult to do. I'm not sleeping that great and waking up way to early.
Unread 06-09-2014, 11:12 AM

Hi Raindrop! We have the same surgery date. The weight of it all is just starting to sink in for me. I have SO much to do before then. I really thought those things would keep my thoughts occupied but surgery is all I can think about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrop3 View Post
I didn't have any symptoms either. I think that definitely makes it harder to go into surgery too. I scheduled a massage since I feel like I'll have a nervous breakdown. Trying to stay positive with of this but extremely difficult to do. I'm not sleeping that great and waking up way to early.
Yes...much harder! I don't think me having a massage would help...I still might have a breakdown. I am so anxious. I can't believe I am going to do this. Feels surreal. I can't sleep either. Dream about the surgery. I am not going to do well this week.
Unread 06-09-2014, 07:40 PM

This surgery is much harder without symptoms. I did not have any as well with my complex ovarian cyst (12x9x11 cm - about the size of a very large grapefruit) and numerous fibroids. In fact, I did not even know I had anything until my annual exam when my GP found a mass in my abdomen. Then to the ultrasound and MRI for diagnosis, to one gyn surgeon then to a gyn onc who said "You are having surgery NOW!" Ten days later I am in the OR having an TAH BSO. Talk about a and !! All was tested in the OR and all was benign.

But, I understand your concerns about feeling worse after surgery. I do think it would have been easier if I had pain, or some other symptoms that the surgery cured. But, it was the best solution to the problem.

Just know that you are not alone.

Unread 06-09-2014, 08:14 PM

I did have a facial today. It really helped me to keep it together this afternoon to complete several errands that had to get done. I had this treatment at a local place for women with cancer. It's a great supportive place. As a single mom I need all the help and support I can get.
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Indy6 we can chat post op too! Another brave soul with surgery date of Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious and I wanted my surgery sooner not later. I'm having a hard time concentrating. I've cancelled a few of my clients this week. Only a few days left.
Unread 06-10-2014, 06:13 AM

I also had my pre op testing yesterday for my surgery on 6/12...I had a mini panic attack driving out to the appt...I think I was freaking myself out at the unknown...but after, I had more answers and I left there hoping the next few days pass quickly...I am just glad I found that even though we are all strangers, we are bonded by going through the same things.
Unread 06-10-2014, 07:50 AM

I actually had my first panic attack last night about the surgery - I go in a week from thursday, and my pre-op appointment is this thursday. I too am worried about my teeth, as they are not in the best of shape. I am also more worried about the complications after the surgery... and last night I had that moment of - what if this is the end of my life and I don't wake up from the surgery at all?

Yikes.
Unread 06-10-2014, 03:01 PM

I went for my pre op testing today and wearing my wrist band. I go in Friday June 13, 2014 (Friday the 13th) for a Hysterectomy leaving my Overies. I am 47, type 1 diabetic on pump with sensor and just became type 1 diabetic at 45 but I am getting scared. I already had the Nova Sure and oh boy that hurt worse then having a baby. So I did my homework and found this "Awesome" Doctor Dr. Garcini. He was on channel 7 news talking about the Nova Sure. Not sure what to expect. I have 2 teenagers and 2 little ones but and one is also a type 1 diabetic, dads not great with new pump but good. As moms we all worry and that has me off balance. Just starting to understand this site and thankful for everyone. Thank you and God Bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register