Got the "all clear"!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got the "all clear"!! Got the "all clear"!!

Unread 03-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Got the "all clear"!!

Hello ladies!
Had my 6 week appointment today and all looks good. She said my cuff is healing nicely and she even removed some of the knots from the dissolved stitches with one of those huge q-tip thingys (sorry).
I don't have to see her again unless something comes up or until my annual in October. I asked why I still needed an annual.... duh... I still have ovaries. Didn't even cross my mind
Do any of you have suggestions as to abdominal exercises to start that won't cause any problems? I have a strong ab muscle base, but I have the fat around the middle from the babies. What would work best for that?
I am looking forward to Spring and getting out and enjoying things! I still tire really easily, so will continue to watch what and how I do things.
I hope all the other mid-January got a clear bill of health this week!
Take care everyone!

Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Got the "all clear"!!

Great news Jill!! I'm healing well too! Should be a lovely spring!
Unread 03-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Got the "all clear"!!

Hi jiller
Congrats on the great check up. If you are carrying some extra weight I really suggest you get out and start walking. Before my surgery I had exercised a lot, but found it diffucult to get back into an exercise routine without causing myself pain. Walking is a great way to start building back strength and building stamina. Doing your pelvic floor exercises is also very important. Here is a link that explains the proper way to do kegal exercises. http://www.universityobgyn.com/kegal.htm
I would begin very slowly with the abdominal exercises and listen very closely to your body. Since your dr has given you the all clear you should be able to try some of the things you have done before. Small crunches as long as it doesn't hurt should be good. The first time I tried it caused me to hurt too badly to do them. I had to back up and lie on my back with my knees bent and press the palms of my hands down while tightening through the abdomen. This was so unbelievably simple. I could hardly believe that was all I could do to start. You don't want to cause yourself pain though. Start slowly and see what your body can tolerate.
You might also want to check in Hysteritaville . There is even a section on fitness you might want to read and post in. Let us know how it goes.
's,Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Got the "all clear"!!

Jiller,

Sounds like you've healed up nicely. Congratulations! My post op check up is on Tuesday and I'm hoping for the all clear too!! I feel great. No pain, swelly belly nearly all gone, wearing my regular clothes and back to exercising. I am not running yet as the jarring feels odd, not painful, but I will check with doc first. Everyday I feel better and no longer am fatigued anymore. I sleep great at night, but don't nap anymore either. I feel like I have progressed really well, considering I had a rough start with 2 surgeries in 5 days and a stent and catheter to deal with etc. Life is good!

Mar
Unread 03-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Got the "all clear"!!

mar, so good to hear you've recovered so well! let us know when you start running again. i'm almost 5 weeks postop, and can't wait to run again. walking feels pretty good, and i hear you on the jarring feeling. i think i'll walk for a while before starting the running--don't want to have a set back!bev

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register