Scheduled TAH Melt down | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Melt down

So last night the hubby was attempting to get intimate with me and all I could think about was how things could change. I've been reading some of the post op stories, and to tell you the truth they have scared the poo out of me! I appreciate that I've got somewhere to go that can help me through this, but does anyone post anything positive about there experiences? I'm so affraid that after my TAH i'm never going to want sex again or that it's going to hurt so bad! I've got my pre op appointment monday, so guess i'll bombard my dr with all my fears. This is totally consuming my every thought, any words of wisdom ladies?Please help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Re: Melt down

Hello there! Tell you what... that was my number 1 fear too. I had my LAVH last Monday and feel great so far.....yes I have some discomfort but nothing close to what I felt before. I was in a lot of pain prior, and just knowing that I "may" not have to deal with it later has helped. As far as the sex thing, I can't tell you how that is because I am only a few days post op (6). I am worried that it is going to feel different (for both of us) or it will hurt. But from what I am told....if you have a close relationship and a good sex life prior to surgery.....you will again afterwards. Also some have told me that it is WAY BETTER because there is no pain or pressure. Before my surgery I was reading all these posts and working myself up...getting scared and driving myself crazy with the "what ifs" try not to do this to yourself. This site has been wonderful with the support and encouragement. Feel free to ask any questions that you have, try to reassure yourself things will be ok. I am happy with the choice I made, and I am sure you will be too!! Good luck.
Unread 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM

I'll be 8 weeks on wed, lavth/bso didn't have any complications. Recovery was textbook. At 6 weeks had the ok for sex, it's been great, no pain. In fact we just had some afternoon delight. You will find women will post when they have issues and concerns here. I do not regret having this surgery, it's like having this new found freedom. Good luck on your day and remember listen to your body when you recover and don't rush or push yourself take the time for your body to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2011, 03:36 PM

I posted my happy ending the other day as I remember being in your shoes 4 months ago and wondering why we only saw the sad or bad stories.

A majority of those who heal perfectly and move on back to happy healthy living don't revisit to say that is what happened, as often as those who have set backs do.

I had your fears. After a second surgery with a cervical artery hemorrhage the hubby had the fears too (as he was there the whole way when it happened and was in the ER/triage room as well).

But I can honestly say sex isn't just as good as before, for me, it is better. I had to wait an extra long time to try and we were so nervous that we couldn't get out of our own heads for awhile....but it really is better now.

There are plenty who had the TAH with similar results. Think positive and know we are all cheering for you.
Unread 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM

I am 4 weeks post op (TAH), This was a huge concern of mine also. Although we have not been given the green light for intercourse yet, my pre-op lack of libido has definitely had an about-face. We have fooled around a little this past week ( nothing in vagina).....and my desire is more than it ever was before (cannot wait for the green light!!), and the ability to achieve clitoral orgasm is absolutely still there. It will be interesting to see if the ability to achieve orgasm by internal stimulation is still there, and Im really hoping it is.....but at least I know for a fact...that only 4 weeks out, and so far everything is in working order!!
Your concerns are very normal, and from what I have read, every woman, every case is different. Although there are a lot of sad, discouraging outcomes for some woman (as far as sex is concerned), there are also some encouraging success stories. Wishing you the best of luck.....
(ps...take your notebook of questions for your doc...hehe....I did!)
Unread 03-20-2011, 05:17 PM

I know its scary I am 10 weeks post op and got the go ahead at 6 weeks I waited 2 more weeks before sex with partner but explored myself. Well pre op I had no sex drive and had pain when I did cause of a tilted cervix. Well that's gone I can achieve the big O and for me it's more intense. However the past 2 weeks my sex drive has gone through the roof but my partner is away until next weekend. Lol you need to he ready in yourself and don't be pressured into anything
Unread 03-20-2011, 05:20 PM

I had a TAH less then two weeks ago and as I obviously can't have sex or anything close, I am extremely ready and looking for it. I would love to be able to do something.

I think that most people post the negative, not the positive because they have questions. If you do look through the posts you will find many positive experiences.
Unread 03-20-2011, 06:01 PM

Thank you all soo much! You do not even know how much this has helped my mood, and way of looking at things!
Unread 03-20-2011, 07:40 PM

I'm tardy to the party but I'm way out from my surgery and happy to report no problems.

It's totally normal to be nervous about how this surgery is going to affect that part of your life.
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am set for March 30th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register