Scheduled LAVH Hysterectomy 2 weeks before Christmas | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy 2 weeks before Christmas Hysterectomy 2 weeks before Christmas

Unread 11-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Hysterectomy 2 weeks before Christmas

Hi all, I have a LAVH scheduled for 12/12. This whole experience has been a shock. I thought I was just going in for my annual exam and ended up with a colcoscopy, a conization and a diagnosis of cervical adenocarcinoma in-situ. Explaining this to my male boss has been interesting. I also feel a little young to be going through this at 33. I have been blessed with a little boy who is now 7. We were done, but it is still hard. Has anyone else had these feelings of mourning? Of something being over to soon? Thanks for any advice or commiserate on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Re: Surgery 2 weeks before Christmas

I am 40 and have 4 kids. I am done. D O N E!!! I never intend to use my uterus to grow a baby again and (while we'd love and be excited about the child itself) I think there would be a period of light "mourning" (for lack of a better word) if I found myself pregnant right now.

All of that being said, it still seems weird and not right to remove this part that, while I'm done with it, has played a very integral part in my life for the past 10 years.

So, yes, even being older and one short of a basketball team, I understand the feeling of sadness/mourning.
Unread 11-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Re: Hysterectomy 2 weeks before Christmas

I am 45 and am having surgery two days before you and I totally agree about the whole mourning thing! I was not expecting to be advised more than once that the best option for me was a hysterectomy. When I finally conceded myself to the idea that this is what needs to happen it was a difficult decision in the beginning. I have two beautiful sons, but all I could think the first few days is that they would be taking away the place where I carried my babies for 9 months and that was such a sad thought. I think it's normal to go through the stages of grief with all of this....it's not some random decision we have to make, like whether or not to cut your hair, it's something that we can't undo, and so we feel a sense of loss for what will be gone, although in the end we will feel so much better when our issue has been resolved. Hoping all goes well for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2014, 01:13 PM

I'm scheduled for LAVH on 8th December due to severe adenomyosis. I'm 44. I have two wonderful daughters, and no plans to have any more children--the girls are 17 and 14 so my days of having a young family have been over for a long time. Ironically, though, 8th December is my eldest daughters 18th birthday. At almost the exact time I gave birth to her, I'll be getting my uterus removed. That's given me some pause for thought over the last few weeks. But, in the spirit of finding a silver lining, I'm a writer, and this has given me a great topic for a lyric essay

Much love to the December girls--I'm sure I'll be talking more to you all over the coming weeks.

Off topic, slightly: have any of you been "nesting"? I've been cleaning like a crazy thing!
Unread 11-17-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon16 View Post

Off topic, slightly: have any of you been "nesting"? I've been cleaning like a crazy thing!
I had a whole list of things I wanted done before my hysterectomy. I basically did a spring cleaning of the house before, I didn't want to lay around and look at dirty ceiling fans, baseboards etc.
Unread 11-17-2014, 03:37 PM

I do not feel sad at all. January 16, my surgery date, cannot come fast enough for me! I am mad if nothing else, because I lost my lung 3 years ago (plus chemo plus radiation) to never smokers lung cancer at age 43. Now I have to go through this all to common surgery. I am mad because it seems most other ladies my age have their mom. Mine died suddenly 9 months prior to my cancer diagnosis and I only found out about that because I was having a heart scan because of her death.

I wish I could pull uterus and friends out myself, right this second.

I do understand ladies mourning this though. I very well may have myself had I not already been through something much worse and that I am/was supposed to die from. So for me, this surgery is nothing in my scheme of things. But I am a different person now.

Hang in there and I hope everything works out super well!
Unread 11-17-2014, 04:41 PM

I'm so very sorry you're dealing with this, but the "good" news is it sounds like you're catching things at an early stage when they are most treatable. My adenocarcinoma was just a bit more advanced at IAI, and mine was also diagnosed out of the blue at my annual exam (I was in my late thirties). Often, cervical adenocarcinoma ladies have also reported an unexpected diagnosis, likely due to the nature of this cell type.

Speaking of other ladies, I did want to invite you to check out our Cancer Concerns forum as well, if you'd like. There's loads of great information there, as well as ladies who've been there, done that who'll help however they can.

You absolutely CAN do this, dear sister. Remember, one step at a time!

Unread 11-17-2014, 06:06 PM

Thank you everyone for taking the time out to reply. I didn't know how bad I needed it until I started reading. I have felt kind of alone in all this. I work in retail management and this is the absolute worse time for this to happen. I wish I had more time to nest and clean. I will have a couple days before surgery maybe. I wish the best for everyone. I hope for a speedy recovery with no complications.
Unread 11-19-2014, 06:16 PM

I am 30 and having my last ovary out on 12/2. I cried and still cry at the thought of never being pregnant again. I have a 2 year old and wanted at least one more child but god had a different plan for me. I'm extremely saddened and will probably forever be jealous of pregnant women. If someone says to me one more time "you can Adopt" I think I will scream. Sending u prayers and hugs fellow sister.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register