2+ weeks post hysterectomy: More pain when urinating after exercise | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2+ weeks post hysterectomy: More pain when urinating after exercise 2+ weeks post hysterectomy: More pain when urinating after exercise

Unread 03-25-2017, 04:31 PM
2+ weeks post hysterectomy: More pain when urinating after exercise

Hi! Not sure if this curation already exists on the site but I'll ask here anyway. I've had a vaginal hysterectomy three weeks ago and I have started taking careful walks. My problem is that after I've been on a walk I have more pain in my pelvic area when I urinate. Does anyone know why? Thanks Jenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2017, 09:33 AM
Re: 2+ weeks post hysterectomy: More pain when urinating after exercise

Hello Jennali73

We are so happy that you found us!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. How long are you walking…? Are those walks inside your house or outside and are there any hills involved?

Something to keep in mind is that you are in the early stages of your recovery from major surgery. The initial phase can take 4 to 6 weeks as you have many layers of tissue, muscle, ligaments and nerve-endings that not only regrow but try to establish normal functions again. Slow walks as you gradually begin to build up your energy and stamina again are helpful but it isn’t anything to strenuous. This allows for the opportunity to be able to stretch your body and also get your blood flowing a bit more. Generally within the first one to two weeks, walking in intervals of 5 to 10 mins will assist your body in graduating to a bit more advanced times.

The key to is also to listen to your body. It could be telling you that you are doing too much too soon . If that is the case, dial your walks back just a little bit in order for your body to catch up. Could it be bladder spasms or a potential UTI….? Only your doctor can answer that question. The bladder does act finicky after being disrupted also.

For peace of mind, put a call into your doctor’s office for any additional thoughts or suggestions. They will know the right questions to ask especially if they decide they want to see you for another appointment.

Here is a video link:
[b]

Here is a link to connect with sisters that had surgery the same week as you: March 6-12 Recovery Thread

Please let us know how you are doing sweetie!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register