8 days post hysterectomy.. discomfort at incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days post hysterectomy.. discomfort at incision 8 days post hysterectomy.. discomfort at incision

Unread 05-26-2016, 06:56 AM
8 days post hysterectomy.. discomfort at incision

Hi this is new but a well needed resource for support.
I have so many questions, where to begin!
The range of sections I'm feeling around the wound from surgery is pain, numbness, burning, pulling. Is this normal?
My waterworks are like a tap which can never stop running and the 1st #2 was excruciating I thought I'd injured myself! Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2016, 11:01 AM
8 days post hysterectomy.. discomfort at incision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjroberts View Post

Hi this is new but a well needed resource for support.
I have so many questions, where to begin!
The range of sections I'm feeling around the wound from surgery is pain, numbness, burning, pulling. Is this normal?
My waterworks are like a tap which can never stop running and the 1st #2 was excruciating I thought I'd injured myself! Is this normal?
Hi, only just seen this so I hope someone did get back to you. Most of what you put sounds very familiar. Pain after you p might be because of the cafeter. Watch out for water infection.
Unread 05-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Re: Post surgery 18/05.. discomfort at incision

Your hysterectomy was a big surgery! It is very normal for your bladder and bowels to take a few days and even over a week to normalize. If you had a catheter, your bladder may be a little stunned once it was removed so you may feel like you have to go all the time. And I remember it took me 6 full days to have my first BM and it was TOUGH. I couldn't wait to have one and it hurt like heck! It is all normal. I suggest trying some stool softeners and gas relief pills for the next few days to alleviate the discomfort. Walking and drinking fluids will help your bowels normalize but it can take some time so please be patient, don't force yourself to go and just relax when you do feel the urge.
I hope you are feeling better today and just listen to your body. You are very early in your recovery and it will take time for the pain to dissipate and you feel "right" again. We are here to support you through your recovery journey!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register