ultrasound results - dr. says nothing wrong? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ultrasound results - dr. says nothing wrong? ultrasound results - dr. says nothing wrong?

Unread 07-26-2012, 07:34 PM
ultrasound results - dr. says nothing wrong?

Warning: Major venting ahead!

I finally had my ob/gyn visit today after a month of waiting from the fibroids diagnosis his nurse had given me on the phone after an ultrasound. This was after two months of trying to figure out various GI/abdominal pain symptoms including having my gallbladder removed with no results.

I've never felt so belittled in all my life. First he had the wrong report. The doctor basically just blew me off, said my ultrasound results were fine, didn't even MENTION the fibroids, and told me there was nothing he could do about my symptoms. He was very short with me and acted like I was wasting his time.
I had to ask why the nurse had called me with the ultrasound results and said multiple fibroids when he looked again and mentioned adeno and said it also mentioned possible fibroids but he was sure they wouldn't cause any problems and that there was nothing I we could do for either. I tried to ask questions and he started out the door. I am so angry I waited SIX weeks for this - two weeks for the ultrasound and another month to get an appointment to be told nothing. I've seen this doctor for years and admit that I've never really gotten answers from him for painful periods, but lived with it since for so long that was my only symptom. But to have his nurse call me and tell me fibroids (which would explain most of my symptoms) and then leave me hanging for a month to be told this?

I had them give me a copy of my report. It doesn't look like "nothing" to me, but I'm not a doctor. He wouldn't even give me time to talk to him about whether any of this is perimenopause symptoms. I'm just supposed to live with it I guess. Needless to say, I'm looking for a new doctor and have a second opinon scheduled next week.

The report is very short and mentions:
Normal uterus size Endometrial thickness 7mm. nonhomogeneity in the endometrium. Moderate nonhomogeneity in the body and fundus of uterus. ill defined leiomyomas, small endocervcial cysts, small amount of fluid around the ovaries (which are otherwise normal) and that adenomyomatosis should be considered. It also noted cervical cysts.

Anyone with any experience interpreting this stuff?

I just had the period from you know where last week and can't believe that this stuff is normal. TMI, but I was going through 5 super overnight size pads in 6 hours (on vacation no less!) and driving home had to stop every 45 minute to an hour as well. I had to actually shower in the middle of the night to clean up. Huge clots, severe cramps, cramping even mid-cycle, periods three weeks apart, hot flashes, exhaustion.... I feel like crap and the doctor thinks it's no big deal. Nevermind the GI issues I have which no one seesm to think is related although I can very much pin them to where in my cycle I am.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Just needed to vent to some ladies who will understand!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Re: ultrasound results - dr. says nothing wrong?

(((big hugs))) I'm so sorry you're going through all this. The bright spot is you have that report. Sounds like you definitely have lots going on. A different doctor should be able to listen to your concerns and offer real help!
Unread 07-26-2012, 11:50 PM

What you describe is not normal and I am very glad you have your report and are going to see another doctor.You deserve a doctor that takes your symptoms seriously and helps you find a way to relieve the symptoms.I had adenomyosis and fibroids and they certainly CAN cause the problems you describe. I also had bowel/GI issues pre op and they seem to have been "fixed" since my hyster. Don't stop looking for answers. Best of luck to you on your journey.
:cathugs:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2012, 07:21 AM

No doctor should ever blow off adenomyosis. It's a miserable condition. Mine caused daily cramps, painful gas and bloating, diarrhea, lower back pain, pain that shot down my upper thighs, exhaustion, painful sex, and heavy bleeding. If you research adenomyosis online you'll find it can be quite awful. It isn't life threatening, but it can become unbearable. If I were you I'd find another doctor and take that report with me.
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagayle View Post
No doctor should ever blow off adenomyosis. It's a miserable condition. Mine caused daily cramps, painful gas and bloating, diarrhea, lower back pain, pain that shot down my upper thighs, exhaustion, painful sex, and heavy bleeding. If you research adenomyosis online you'll find it can be quite awful. It isn't life threatening, but it can become unbearable. If I were you I'd find another doctor and take that report with me.

That sounds exactly like me! I've had the painful periods my whole life, but in the last year everything else seems to have gone crazy with it! It's really comforting to know that I'm not alone and haven't completely lost my marbles.

I am hoping the doctor I see this week can help. I've heard great things about him for years from friends and expected a long wait to see him so I was shocked when I called and they got me in within less than a week.

In hindsight, I always thought I liked my doctor, but now that I think back, he has always kind of dismissed my complaints of severe period cramping as being normal. "So sorry you're not feeling good and we'll see you next year" type thing. Until now, though, I've basically just shown up for a yearly exam and nothing else other than he did an exploratory lap 10 years ago looking for infertility reasons. That was normal at the time. He actually said to me this time, "well you've had a laprascopy and it was fine." Ummmmm - 10 years ago? Nothing can change in 10 years? LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register