feeling sooo week | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling sooo week feeling sooo week

Unread 12-17-2005, 06:30 PM
feeling sooo week

Im ready for bed and 5 days after sbig surgery bladder hyster etc. Im feeling really week, is this true for anyone. I may be really tired since i slept not very much. but i guess for tonight i just have to go to bed and forget it. I get really scared to kinda let go and go to sleep thank you all for being there Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 06:37 PM
feeling sooo week

patty,
I couldnt get a real nights sleep for some time after my TAH. I never has insominia like that. I was taking morphine and for some reason it keeps me awake. I tried Tylenol PM and that made me more awake too! Insomnia is a very common after a hysterectomy for some reason. I rested alot and I guess that made up for the fact that I didnt sleep. As soon as I went back to work I started sleeping normally again. I am having a bladder repair surgury Tuesday Dec 20 and I am once again a night owl!
Unread 12-17-2005, 07:04 PM
sleep

I am home 2nd night from TVH and bladder sling surgery...first night I slept like mad at home as I didn't in hospital w/ morphine and vicodin(vicodin didn't work) now they have me on percocets and they are weakening as well. I am not sleeping but in 3 to 4 hour intervals
now. Gas pains are excrutiating even while taking gas X. To point of tears literally. Today is some what easier as my bones don't hurt nearly as bad in my legs. Bleeding is very minimal if next to nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 07:14 PM
feeling sooo week

if you are feeling tired, then its because your body is telling you something. You just may need the extra rest to heal. Just take it easy and don't over do. i am sleeping in bits and pieces, but taking advantage of it when i can. I dont think i have slept more than 3 hours in a row since i had surgery. I know my dr told me just to take it easy, and even though my brain may be telling me i am good to go, by body isn't going to agree lol. just get some rest.... and dont push yourself.
Unread 12-17-2005, 07:14 PM
feeling sooo week

(((Patty))),

I finally realized that my pain pills were keeping me awake. By the time I was 1 week post op, I was able to just take OTC tylenol and do fine. You might try to take something non-narcotic and see if it makes a difference for you.

I hope you get some sleep soon. I am not sure that is the only reason for your weakness though. Your body has a lot of healing to do and will be putting most of its energy towards that end. You are very very early post op. Don't expect too much from yourself. You should be doing just 3 things: and short easy

S,
Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register