4 months post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months post op 4 months post op

Unread 10-26-2005, 04:24 PM
4 months post op

I went to my doctor today for my 4 month checkup. I had lots of questions,, most of which i forgot even though i had written them down> I DID ask ,,will i ever be me again? I have pain during intercourse and am not able to really "be me"... I dont mean to be graphic, but there is no other way to say it. I cant do anything but missionary right now because of the discomfort. He assured me that he had done a pelvic relaxation along with the LAVH/BSO with cervix removal and bladder and rectal repair.He told me with a "smile" that i coulda slapped off of him,{ha} that things would stretch given time..Said i just needed to relax,,ya,thats gonna happen,,lol,,,,,,,,and give it time,, Wow,how many times are we ladies told that?,,,anyway,,just an update,, I dont think Im ok,but apparently,,he does...haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2005, 05:22 PM
4 months post op

I am 22 weeks post op and Ohhh gosh I have a long history. My DR. told me at my 21 week check up that the pain I had was "all in my head". I always had painful sex, finally had 2nd surgery to remove a granuloma on my vaginal cuff back on restrictions but I had constant vaginal cuff pain. I went to another Dr. for a second opinion and he said no it isn't in my head and that I had granulation tissue. He treated the granulation tissue and since then I am just now being able to have sex with no pain, no deep/full penetration though....that would hurt. I think that is understandable after all I have been through, but will see my new Dr. for that as well as he wants to rule out a trapped nerve in my cuff, and possible adhesions. I'll wait on the adhesions because if the adhesions don't have anything to do with my cuff I am not going back under. Ohh by the way, I asked my Dr. at my 21 week post op check up if he saw any granulation tissue and he said no, nothing but normal healing....Two days later I go to my new Dr. for second opinion and he finds granulation tissue, it's seems to have been the source of my pain since my second surgery and that DR. said it was in my head...Sheesh! Second Dr. treated it with silver nitrate and 2 days later and since I feel GREAT!

You are still early in recovery for all that was done to you, but if I were you I would seek out a second opinion to just see how far along you should be, and to see if it is normal to have that much pain during relations...it can't hurt to find out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register