Granulation and Severe Anxiety | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granulation and Severe Anxiety Granulation and Severe Anxiety

Unread 12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Granulation and Severe Anxiety

Hello, I had a LAVH in September of this year for severe bleeding and mood swings. The surgery went fine. After 6 weeks my husband and I resumed intercourse (slowly). I have had intercourse only about 6-8 times since my surgery and everytime, it seems to be more uncomfortable and my stomach has started cramping during and right after and sometimes lasting for a few days. I scheduled an appointment with my Dr. for next week. The nurse said it was probably due to Granulation?

Great! Here I go again. Just as I did before my surgery, I am having terrible panic attacks and anxiety over going back to the gyno. I have small ones even before yearly exams, but with this one potentially being one of painful, and envasive treatments such as cauterization or clipping of this scar tissue, I am an emotional disaster. I can't think about anything else. I am crying uncontrolably at work when I think about it. I am angry at my husband because I blame him for not letting me heal properly. I also blame him because if it weren't for me being married and him wanting sex, I wouldn't have to endure this. I would rather give up sex all together than go through another exam and procedure. I am absolutely terrified of going to this appointment and can't seem to get my emotions in check.

Does anyone else feel overwhelming anxiety and panic attacks at the thought of seeing a gyno, or am I alone? I know most women do night like it, but my reactions go far beyond normal sanity levels. Just the thought of someone poking, proding, shoving things in there, cutting or cauterizing anything makes me burst into tears in an instant. I hate being so exposed and vonerable. It feels like I am being torchered and violated and it doesn't matter who the doctor is. It has always been this way for me. Even during the pain of child birth, I would not let anyone in the room or let them pull the sheets back exposing me. I remember crying an screaming at people to leave the room. I don't know what to do, and am almost considering cancelling my appointment and never having sex again putting my marriage in jepardy. Why should I have to go through this pain to have sex anyway. It's not that freaking important! I almost wish my husband would develop ED.

I dont know, I am just terrified and beside myself at the thought of going back and am thinking of the worst case scenerio. After reading how much this procedure may hurt, I am done. I am done with it all. After assault, child birth, years of terrible periods and cramps, and the hysterectomy, I wish I could just sew myself shut forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Re: Granulation and Severe Anxiety

I feel so bad for you. Do you have a good relationship with your doctor? Could you call and ask them to give you something to take before you go? I don't like going to the dentist and if I have to have any major work done, I ask for something to take. Xanax works great for what you are experiencing.

I do think you should try to find someone to talk to about this fear. This may not only put your marriage in jeopardy but also your health. You had a hysterectomy and gave birth before that! You can do this!!

Please let us know how you are doing and what you decide. This is a great place to vent and get support.
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Granulation and Severe Anxiety

Sounds to me like a clear case of anxiety. Please seek medical care to control the anxiety. It is treatable. Sometimes with psychotherapy, or medication, or both. Not all anxiety meds are addictive. But if you sometimes reach a state of panic, you most probably will benefit from a comprehensive approach. Specific diet, exercise, psychotherapy, natural antianxiety product and meds. No one should have to endure what you're going through. I pray that u find a good provider who will guide u through recovery from this. Once anxiety is under control, u can breeze through your gyn treatment recommendations. Good luck. Keep the faith.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register