silver nitrate treatment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

silver nitrate treatment silver nitrate treatment

Unread 10-19-2008, 09:25 PM
silver nitrate treatment

I am 6 months post op. I went to the doctor Friday due to vaginal discharge and bleeding after intercourse. He determined that I had an infection and a granule that he treated with silver nitrate. He told me to expect grayish looking discharge which I had for Friday and Saturday but today the discharge seems to be heavier and no color. Is this normal after the nitrate treatment? If so how long will I have this discharge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2008, 07:35 AM
silver nitrate treatment

I had to have a silver nitrate treatment for granulation too
I remember that I had discharge for several days. Sometimes it was very light and sometimes a bit heavier.
Hang in there; I hope that it gets better for you soon.

Unread 10-20-2008, 10:42 AM
silver nitrate treatment

Thank you Jean that is a lot of comfort because I really did not want to have to go back to the doctor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2008, 02:41 PM
I just had it done...

9 weeks post op and I called the dr because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be still bleeding they said no, I went in and she said I had a granule (sp?) She treated it with the silver nitrate and said to expect spotting, discharge, colored at times, for a week or two! I am so sick of this...I thought after they took out my parts and pieces that I would bounce right back, feel better and NO Bleeding!! Well....I am still waiting. Sorry- went off on a tangent there.
I did want you to know that I just had this done last Wed. and I still have a little cramping and discharge. (however, I also have a bacterial infection...so not sure but it is probably still because of that...)
Take care--
~L
Unread 10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
silver nitrate treatment

Yes I totally feel your pain - I wanted all the yucky stuff to stop too! Repeated yeast and bacterial infections along with the periods from you know where! The dr told me on Fri. that I also had a bacterial infection I am so ready to be better! (and my DH is too!!) Best of luck to you thank you for your comment!
Sherry
Unread 10-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Ugh- I just saw your date---

You had yours in April and are still having these problems?!?!
No offense, but I really hope this is it for me! I can't imagine 6 months from now feeling like this! I am so sorry you are still going through this. So, did this granule come out of nowhere? Can another appear at any time or was this just missed on you? I thought mine was because I just had this 9 weeks ago.
Other than that, how do you feel? I am so exhausted, all the time and nobody quite understands it. My husband just thinks I am complaining at this point. No sympathy...
Unread 10-21-2008, 07:01 PM
silver nitrate treatment

I did have my surgery in April. When I went back for my post op I had the nitrate treatment then too; but no infection. I couldn't remember about the discharge. It took me until about July to get my strength back - I had a TVH did you? If you did not I can still feel your pain b/c I had 2 c sections so I understand about the pain you feel and the fatigue that goes along with being cut open. This surgery was a breeze. Along with my TVH I had a TOT sling for a bladder that leaked like a faucet. As far as the infections I have had infections for years if it isn't yeast it is bacterial! My husband gets so frustrated and I do too The infections have slacked up a lot before surgery by the time I would heal from one I would have the peroid from h*e *double hockey sticks then have another one!! This is the second infection since my surgery. I think my bottom area is just hard to deal with at times!!!
Did you have a lot of infections too? But as far as you having to deal with it - this is only my first appt since post op! (I put it off for 2 weeks too b/c my schedule is a nightmare so I might have made it harder on myself)!! I hope you feel better soon!! Drink lots of Orange Juice that helped me with fatigue. God Bless you I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Sherry
PS Have you had your Iron level checked?
Unread 10-25-2008, 05:07 PM
I had the same as you..

I think (TVH=?) I had a laproscopic vag. hyst. removing uturus and cervix, ovaries remain. I also had the bladder sling put in. (I also leaked...after 3 big babies it was no wonder!) I have only had 1 bladder and 1 yeast infection before the surgery in my entire life! I know, very unusual. So I really wasn't sure what the heck was wrong with my until they did the test and told be a vag. bacterial infection. I did just finish the antibiotics yesterday and I am stil lightly spotting and a light discharge. I am not sure if that means it is not cured or still give it time? UGH!! I am still exhausted, but I do work full time and have 3 (4 if you count my husband) boys! The last time my iron level was checked it was low and I was told to take something, but I never did. I have hypothryoidism so I take synthroid (medication for that) and I get checked every few months, so that maybe part of my problem also. Not to mention the ******* brain tumor I have(benign)!! I just want to be better and fix one problem at a time. I thought this would do it with the vay-jay-jay area, but I guess not! Thanks for your replies. It always helps to get feedback from those who have been there, done that.
~Laurie
Unread 10-25-2008, 05:27 PM
silver nitrate treatment

I went to the doctor Tuesday which made 4 weeks from my LAVH BSO Bladder suspension and rectecel repair. My Dr. did swab my insides with something - probably silver nitrate. He gave me a prescription for Diflucan and told me I could begin douching with vinegar and water twice a week to restore that area to its proper PH. Any body else got these instructions and how did that work to help with some of these problems??? My Doctor is great about trying to head off problems. I guess he has been around enough to know what typically happens. I feel so fortunate.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register