Almost 3 weeks since op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 3 weeks since op Almost 3 weeks since op

Unread 03-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Re: Almost 3 weeks since op

So far i've been lucky and haven't had it after surgery. But prior to surgery I had it pretty bad for a year. I had to get the TAH because of a large fibroid that turned out to be the size of a bowling ball. I think that caused my hormones to be out of whack, which is why I got the insomnia. I kept my ovaries so i'm hoping I don't get that again. It's no fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Almost 3 weeks since op

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreenup View Post
Do you girls have a touch of insomnia too.
Definitely! I haven't stayed up this late in years. I find myself finally falling asleep arrive 3 or 4 and waking up around 8 or 9 if I'm lucky. I'm sure that contributes to my moodiness. I just know a good night's sleep would do me wonders.
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:42 PM

Yea it's no fun. And I tried everything but nothing seemed to work. After alot of research and realizing my insomnia was caused by estrogen overload, I started eating all organic fruits and veggies, organic milk and made sure my deodorant and lotions were paraben free. Once I changed that I had no problems sleeping. Now if I could get my bowels back to normal, I'd be happy!! Lol
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:53 PM

I have a touch of insomnia as well. Go to bed at 2am and up at 11am. I used to be able to go with 4-6 hours of sleep...not anymore. I need 7-9 right now. When the insomnia hits, I get out of bed and go make a cup of tea. I can usually get back to bed within a hour and sleep soundly.
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreenup View Post
Do you girls have a touch of insomnia too.
Yes I am having hard time sleeping and have night sweats
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:08 AM

Its Easter Sunday here and loads of family around. Its so hard as you feel so tired, the noise is even agitating. Still dinner to go then i think i'll be in bed all day tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register