Zippered Pants after TAH? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Zippered Pants after TAH? Zippered Pants after TAH?

Unread 10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Zippered Pants after TAH?

You can try another trick I learned.

I had an opportunity to go out on a date with my special guy at about 2 weeks post op. I wore my stretch jeans, but I folded a very soft washcloth and laid it over my incision and pulled my underwear over the top of it. It did the trick of protecting my incision, but also added a softness that made me feel as if there was a little padding in case I leaned against something that would otherwise hurt it.

Worked for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2008, 05:47 AM

I work somewhere where you have a uniform. Khaki pants are required. I haven't tried mine yet. I'm not supposed to go back to work until 11/10. I have lost 15 lbs. and 2 1/2 inches from my belly, so I'm hoping that will help. I have a very long vertical incision and can't imagine putting on jeans right now. It's healing up nicely but it's very sensitive to anything brushing up against it. Oh well, we'll see. Maybe I'll try my pants on this weekend. What's the rush, right? lol
Unread 10-22-2008, 11:22 AM

I tried a pair of zippered pants a couple of days ago to try around the house. They are not the kind that goes to my waist but rather a couple of inches below the natural waist.
I had a LAVH & have 5 punctures in my abdomen. On my right hip I have a dimple where a mesh sling is attached. The dimple is not as bad as in the beginning, which was 5 wks ago, which I mostly attribute to my swelly belly decreasing somewhat.
The problem is that all my zippered pants have the waistband going right over this point where the mesh is attached. So far I have spent almost 5 wks in stretchy yoga type pants. I have no idea when I will be able to wear regular pants, let alone jeans, which I wore most of the time.

Dr. says this dimple will gradually go away. Looks like I need more stretchy yoga type pants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2008, 11:44 AM

Seems like everyone wants to get back in their jeans. WEll, I gave in and pulled out a pair of my gap jeans today. And guess what? They went on and were loose. I was happy but try sitting with jeans when you have a swelly belly. The material is not forgiving. So, at least I know if I want to wear them to go shopping and not sit for a long period of time I can. But I think I'll stick to the yoga pants for awhile. This too shall pass ladies. Lets surrender to the yoga pants.
Wellness to all
Gina
Unread 10-22-2008, 03:59 PM

I had a TAH it was about 5 weeks for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTx
I am about 2 1/2 weeks post-op after a TAH (bikini cut). I know it's too soon to expect to get back into my jeans yet, but I'm looking forward to an end to sweat pants! Size wise, I could probably fit into the jeans now even with the swellybelly because the the swelling is pretty much offset by the large size of the fibroids that were removed, but I can't imagine the tightness of the denim and the stiffness of the zipper across the incision yet! For anyone out there with an abdominal incision, how soon were you able to comfortably get back into your jeans and other zippered pants?

Thanks!

Deborah
Unread 10-22-2008, 04:17 PM

I'm not familiar with yoga pants, so I looked them up. Is the drawstring the only thing that holds them up, or is there some elasticity in the waist as well?
Unread 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM

I've lost 13 lbs, am almost to 4 wks (Friday) and I cannot come close to zipping my jeans. I can get them on, and they are loose in the butt and legs, but my gosh, the abdomen, forget it. Incision looks great, but the swelling is still tremendous. I hate this!
Unread 10-22-2008, 07:19 PM

ArizonaBunny
The drawstring is elasticized. & the material the pants are made of is stretchy.
Unread 10-22-2008, 09:44 PM

Thanks to everyone who has replied with their tips and experiences. I know that we all heal differently and we all will do what we have to do to make it through the healing process. Lest anyone misunderstand, I'm ok with wearing the sweats while I heal. But I'm one of those people who lives in her jeans. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can be comfortable in them again and I'm curious about the experiences of others who have been in the same boat!

Thanks again for all of the responses.

Deborah
Unread 10-25-2008, 06:37 PM

Hi Deborah!
I too, live in my jeans when I'm not at work. And now quite sick of sweat pants and stretchy waist bands (except on bloated days ). I tried my jeans at around 7 weeks post op and didn't get far...my ab area was still so tender the fly-front was just unacceptable! I'm 10 months post-op and here to say, I wore my jeans two days in a row this weekend and quite comfortably! I hope you have luck at getting back into your jeans sooner!! I will say, over the summer, I wore my fly front capris (made with lighter zippers and lighter material) and I was able to wear those occassionally but not for a full day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register