Sisters please help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sisters please help Sisters please help

Unread 10-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Sisters please help

OMG!!! Just as I thought things were getting better, today has been hard. Day 12 I have had muscle spasams, nausea, fatigued and gassy. Not to mention the emotional roller coaster again I have to ask...am I going crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Re: Sisters please help

No. The first few weeks are tough. Relax and try not to worry.
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:12 PM

You are not going crazy..This all sounds very normal recovery to me. Muscle spasms, gas, fatigue, and even nausea are all normal gicen you just had major surgery. Some of our insides are settling into the space left by our surgery. Emotions are all over the place even if you kept your ovaries. They can get sleepy or shut down temporariliy. I also think even if you don't have problems with your ovaries, given the surgery, the changes our bodies are going through, and not being able to do near what we are used to, it can make us very emotional.

Allow yourself to geal 1 day at a time, 1 step at a time. We only gey 1 chance to do this the right way. We are to here to help each other along this journey.
(((HUGS)))) to you. Happy Healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2012, 07:13 PM

No you are not going crazy. The ups and downs are normal. Many of us feel fantastic right after the surgery and think we can get right back to our usual activities. Well, the truth is that 99% of us hit a wall a week or so after surgery. I attribute that to the "euphoria" of surviving the surgery. We dread the days leading up to it, we dread going to the castle, we dread the IVs and all the other horrid little things that need to be done, we dread the operating room and then boom, it is all done and we are on the other side. We are ecstatic that usually it wasn't as bad as we expected and emotionally we celebrate that. Then reality sets in. This recovery is long and it is slow so you need to really listen to your body and let it heal. There is a saying around here that we use often: "You only have one chance to heal and this is it!" Please take this time to do this right. Eat well, drink lots of water, take your stool softeners if prescribed, walk as your body will let you (if you get heaviness at the bottom of your tummy, it means time to go horizontal) and rest a lot.

Happy healing!

PS. One more thing. Don't forget to check out our hysterectomy checkpoints so that you know what to expect from week to week. Here is the link.
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:14 PM

Ok thanks. I just feel like a blank sheet of paper emotionally and the muscle spasms in my stomach and back are driving me nuts.
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:26 PM

teetee,
As Danni said, everything you are going through is perfectly normal. You are very early in your recovery and just need to give your body chance to heal. My emotions were all over the place for awhile. I thought I would never feel normal again. It's typical to feel like you are taking two steps forward and one step back. The good news is, it DOES get better! Take a deep breath and relax - You can do this!

Unread 10-22-2012, 01:38 PM

OMG.....no the pain in my side is getting worse. I think its just gas but it feels like a pulled muscle or bad leg cramps in my abdomen. I don't know what to do. Thanks ladies for your continued support.
Unread 10-22-2012, 01:54 PM

If you aren't doing it already and it is CO2 pain from the surgery, try a heating pad wherever your pain is. It helps to draw the pain out or dispurse it, or maybe it is just a placebo effect, but it helped me greatly.
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:25 PM

Thank you
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:09 AM

You're not alone. One week after my surgery, and I'm having horrendous stomach and bladder spasms. I went to see my primary care doctor last night, and she prescribed a muscle relaxant, which gives a little relief, but I'm continuing to take my pain meds as well. Good luck and take care of yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register