My struggle for a Dr!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My struggle for a Dr!!!! My struggle for a Dr!!!!

Unread 06-08-2001, 08:29 PM
My struggle for a Dr!!!!

Searching high and low for a dr to take care of this prolapse. Its' so bad my DH and I can't have sex anymore. Hurts too much. The lap-(promised to be right before the hyster,) is done and dr says ...nothing in here that is abnormal so we will wait on the rectocele repair and hystrer! NOT!
Too much after two yrs! enough is enough!
I struggle to find one that will listen. And do something. I can't wait. The prolapse continues to pull on the bad discs in the back. If I wait, it is going to be a lumbar fusion for me, and I am not going thorugh that if I dont' have to!
Dr for the back reccommended a wonderful nice guy to do the lap, but he can't concur on the back problem, "because that is out of his area!" And apparently it didn't do any good for my back dr to call him!
Wish me luck, I am just about ready to give up! But the pain and pressure keeps me searching!
Love to all, and by the way-the lap is not that bad, just rest after!!!!! I didn't and by the fifth day, I am a walking zombie! With a lot more pain and healing time coming!
Peanut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2001, 10:33 PM
frustraton

Dear Peanut,
I could get my dander up and write a post saying exactly what I think about doctors when they put patients into situation like this...but I can't use words like that on this site. Maddening! Not the site..these doctors.

I will be sending you prayers and as you fight on. Hang in there--the right doctor WILL be found!
Unread 06-09-2001, 09:14 AM
My struggle for a Dr!!!!

LindaJean,
Thanks! I have thought about it. As I lay here this morning I am angry! Angry at Drs , angry at myself for not yelling at them!
My period started yesterday and it is the worst I have ever had. Has anyone ever had prolapse where it happens that during your period you are so swollen, you can't sit down because it feels like you are sitting on a ball and very painful?
That is where I am at along with cramps, the runs and just plain **** frustration! I am weak and tired. Why can't someone just take the **** thing?
I remember feeling this way at 15 on a trip to Montana. No wonder I hate traveling! I am 37 now and it has been a long haul. My uterus did it's job! I have two beautiful kids, now let the **** thing retire and let me live in peace!
It hurts! Prayers to all.
Peanut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2001, 10:23 AM
My struggle for a Dr!!!!

{{{Peanut}}} It can soooo frustrating sometimes just to get to someone who:

1) will hear our pain and be willing to do something that will REALLY help.

2) Get to someone that actually CAN do something to help us.

Keep looking my friend: there are good doctors out there, doctors who understand when the pain and, in your case, the organs falling have reached a point where drastic measures are the ONLY measures left.

In the meantime, while you continue your search, you can arm yourself with information. This information will help you explain your symptoms and advocate in your favor.

Wishing you the best of luck. Hang there: you're not alone
Unread 06-09-2001, 03:15 PM
My struggle for a Dr!!!!

Dear Peanut,

This link http://pages.prodigy.com/prolapse.html/ offers lottsa info on prolapse, living with it, and options to fix it.

This link is more medical-oriented, showing drawings, photos & describing procedures for pelvic reconstruction. This page discusses causes:
http://www.urogynaecology.com.au/Causes.htm

The options to treat prolapse include: 1) do nothing (gravity & time will make it worse), 2) wear a pessary, 3) have abdominal surgery to hitch it all back up, 4) removal of the uterus/cervix.

If you choose to have a hyst, the prolapse makes you an excellent candidate for the less-invasive vaginal procedure (TVH). If your ovaries are healthy, you should consider keeping them.

Perhaps you can find a uro-gynecologist to consult with. The prolapsing uterus can eventually drag down other pelvic organs also. Get smart about your symptoms & your options, and make the best choice for YOU.

Sending cyberhugs
Unread 06-09-2001, 03:36 PM
My struggle for a Dr!!!!

Hello there! We sound similar. I too am 37, and my uterus is prolapsed. However, I am only at Stage One; it sounds like you are much worse. My periods are dreadful too - heavy, clotting, usually I get the runs with them. The difference is that my doctor has offered me a hyst., and I can't make up my mind whether or not to have one.
One more thing-I too had a lap. in January. My doctor was confident that I wouldn't even need to cancel any of my piano students for the week! That's a man for you. Anyway, they really aren't a big deal, but they do take some time to recover from.
Good luck finding a doctor who will listen.
Sandy
Unread 06-09-2001, 03:48 PM
My struggle for a Dr!!!!

First of all...Twysmiling-Thanks for the website it is great!
Second, Sandy....
I don't suppose your dr is in sacramento california? I am searching! Please let me know! Thaks to both of you!
I also foudn out from medical records that I was given too much oxytocin at my second child's birth. She was very large and I was allowed to rip clear through the rectum---quite a big OUCH!!!
Now this is found to be the cause of rectocele,a nd the oxyocin is found to be a cause of uterine prolapse!
Called my dr I had at the time of her birth to ask for records--they told me they are allowed to destroy them after five yrs! So I had to get the records from the hospital!
That is where I found all this out and I am livid!!!! I have no recourse according to the attorneys. It has been too long! It has been eight yrs! And I was unaware of these things-doesn't that count for anything? Can't he be made to pay for at least the surgery to repair all this and the hyster? He didn't even tell me why I was bleeding or why I passed out! When I awoke he was gone and I found my back hurting. Went ot ortho and he said dr had herniated a disc at L-5 by pushing to stop the bleeding of my uterus... He isn't made to pay for that repair either!
What a mess!
Well here I go, off to yet another one as soon as I find her! or Him-hopefully a woman that will listen!
Pray ladies that it will be a fast appt. So tired of waiting~and I get so nervous sitting there then I can't talk right when they finally come in! Love to all!
Peanut
Unread 06-09-2001, 03:57 PM
My struggle for a Dr!!!!

Nope - sorry! My doctor is in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. Now, if I could only decide what to do....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register