Almost 4 weeks post op...still having pain. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 4 weeks post op...still having pain. Almost 4 weeks post op...still having pain.

Unread 02-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Almost 4 weeks post op...still having pain.

Hi everyone... I had my hysterectomy on January 25th and I'm still not myself. Having a lot of pain on my right side -- deep in the tissue, almost to my right hip. I'm walking around still holding onto my side. Coughing, sneezing, laughing is brutal on me. I was a mess when they operated -- I had fibroids (one was the size of a cantaloupe I was told), plus endometriosis, andenomyosis (sp??), organs all pushed together, lots of scar tissue and adhesions. I was in surgery for over 5 hours so I knew I wouldn't be up dancing around after one week...but I'm so frustrated to feel so lousy after 3.5 weeks. Crying at night, but thankfully my husband has been so sweet and supportive. He makes me laugh when I start to cry and then I'm laughing and crying simultaneously. This has been a roller coaster ride of a lifetime. I just would like it to end soon! Thanks for listening (reading!). This site has been wonderful. I don't know what I would have done without all the help here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Re: Almost 4 weeks post op...still having pain.

Try the abdominal binder. I was also walking around holding my belly, the binder has helped that. As for the pain on the right, I mentioned it to my Dr's nurse once and she said they go in deeper on one side. I mentioned that so many here have said the right side hurts more so that must be the side they go deeper on. The pain will go away eventually. I'm 2 months post op and finally getting to be pain free. I've had an annoying pain at my belly button area that I haven't had the last 2 days.

Hang in there, it does get better.
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:27 AM

Thanks for the reply. I always thought of myself as a 'good patient' and I've been beating myself up, thinking I was becoming a chronic complainer! I cannot wait for the first day that I am 100% pain free! I know I did the right thing by having the surgery (it was a no-brainer, actually)...I just want to enjoy my life again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:27 PM

Hi aunt2all.....Ok, what is with this. Belly button pain? I had my lavh bso on January 15 th and just today I started wi this belly button pain. Any ideas? It really hurts!
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:41 AM

I don't know what caused the pain, other than it was healing pain. I started using Vitamin E skin oil, not sure if that helped any, but the pain is gone.

If you are having a lot of pain weeks after surgery, talk to your Dr about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register