6 wk check up on mon!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 wk check up on mon!!! 6 wk check up on mon!!!

Unread 01-06-2005, 04:44 PM
6 wk check up on mon!!!

Hey,
So what exactly do they do at the dr. office? What do I need to prepare myself for? Just curious?

K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2005, 05:21 PM
6 wk check up on mon!!!

My doctor checked my weight and blood pressure, asked if there were any problems, answered all of my questions, and did an internal exam (not the most comfortable, but really not any worse than your yearly exam).
Unread 06-04-2005, 02:50 PM
6 wk check up on mon!!!

Humm...free food...tempting, but I'm exhausted right now...just got home from class where I've bee in since 8 this morning and I didn't sleep at all the night before, so now I REALLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 02:59 PM
6 wk check up on mon!!!

Mine was the same as CraftyLady's, except my internal exam was a piece of cake - no discomfort at all! I guess with Alvin the Alien Fibroid no longer is residence (he was huge) there was a lot more room for the speculum, and the doc took a quick look and said I was healing perfectly, only had a couple of stitches left, and that was that.

My surgeon asked me when I planned on returning to work, and she then gave me a note recommending I work half days at first, because my boss was being difficult and I wanted the recommendation in writing.

I also asked her for a copy of my pathology report (I already knew it was clean; just wanted to see the words on paper) and a copy of my discharge report from the hospital, which she printed right off her computer for me. I forgot to ask her for the description of the actual surgery (duuhhh) but I'm going to get a copy from the Medical Records dept.

Good luck with your checkup!
Unread 06-04-2005, 03:59 PM
6 wk check up on mon!!!

At my five week check up last week, they checked my BP, weight, and hemoglobin. Then the doctor felt my stomach and asked if I had any pain. She did a pap smear (as it had been one year since my last one) and that did not hurt at all. If anything, it was the least uncomfortable pap smear I have ever had!

I kept my cervix and she was not going to do an internal exam. She did the pap smear, but I don't think she looked for anything else while she was in there!

Best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register