TAH Pain and tenderness-is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain and tenderness-is this normal? Pain and tenderness-is this normal?

Unread 04-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Pain and tenderness-is this normal?

I am 13 days post-op. I still have a LOT of tenderness above by incision and in my lower belly. Also, it's just plain painful at times. Sensitive to the touch, etc. Is this normal? How long til this goes away? And what can I do in the meantime to soothe the tenderness?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Re: Pain and tenderness-is this normal?

Good evening I am 15 days post op still have tenderness and it still hurts to cough ect.

Hope you feel better soon
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:40 PM

Hi jenm!!

I am a little over 4 weeks post-op with a TAH and my abdomin is still very numb below the belly button and my incision area still hurts at times! I am also still very tender inside.

My best advice for soothing it would be ice packs or a heating pad - whichever feels better for you! Also a binder has helped me a LOT.... I still wear it most of the time and it really helps with support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadalChaos View Post
Hi jenm!!

I am a little over 4 weeks post-op with a TAH and my abdomin is still very numb below the belly button and my incision area still hurts at times! I am also still very tender inside.

My best advice for soothing it would be ice packs or a heating pad - whichever feels better for you! Also a binder has helped me a LOT.... I still wear it most of the time and it really helps with support!
Great, thank you for the feedback. I'm relieved to know this is normal. Even though my recovery has gone well, this is the one thing that has troubled me. So I appreciate hearing it's not an area of concern. Thanks again! I have the binder so I'll start wearing that more often and ice too!!!
Unread 04-07-2011, 05:03 AM

I am just over 4 months post op and couldnt bear my tummy to be touched up to six weeks after surgery and even though it is now much better it is still quite tender at times. My dr told me it is normal to have tenderness for several months after the op as I am doing more to get my life back to normal.

It's early days for you it will improve. Hope you feel much better soon.
Unread 04-07-2011, 05:07 AM

Hi I'm 7 weeks post op, still got numbness from incision to belly button but tender to touch (weird) but getting better.

It does improve you just need to bear with it.
Unread 04-07-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenm View Post
Great, thank you for the feedback. I'm relieved to know this is normal. Even though my recovery has gone well, this is the one thing that has troubled me. So I appreciate hearing it's not an area of concern. Thanks again! I have the binder so I'll start wearing that more often and ice too!!!
Hi, am 6 wks post TAH and guess what? I still have the tenderness around the incision site. I guess it will take some time.
Unread 04-07-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1318 View Post
Good evening I am 15 days post op still have tenderness and it still hurts to cough ect.

Hope you feel better soon
Hey, am 6 wks post TAH and coughing and sneezing still hurts a bit.

It takes a while to heal I guess! A long while!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register