Surgery Follow-up Schedule? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Follow-up Schedule? Surgery Follow-up Schedule?

Unread 12-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Surgery Follow-up Schedule?

Follow-up appointment question....

I had a TAH on 11/13. Today I had a follow-up for staple removal only, no visit with the Dr. They don't have me scheduled back for 3 more weeks to finally get a thorough (internal/cuff) check. Which means it will be 6 weeks from surgery to follow-up visit.

Has anyone else had this type of delayed follow-up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Re: Surgery Follow-up Schedule?

I saw my surgeon at 3 weeks post op. He just checked my external incisions, gave me my final path report and answered my questions. I saw him again at 12 weeks and that is when he checked my cuff and released me for full activities.
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:31 PM

I had a TAH on 11/14 and was told to see my GP for staple removal at one week and to see my surgeon at 6 weeks for a follow-up. Due to Christmas and New Years holidays I won't actually see my surgeon until approximately 8 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife276 View Post

I had a TAH on 11/13. Today I had a follow-up for staple removal only, no visit with the Dr. They don't have me scheduled back for 3 more weeks to finally get a thorough (internal/cuff) check. Which means it will be 6 weeks from surgery to follow-up visit.

Yes! And boy am I glad they did wait to poke around inside, it is for the best to let healing take place.

At 10 days I had external check and pathology report

6 weeks was vaginal cuff check, then again this morning & my gyn had to put silver nitrate (ouch!) on for some granular tissue that built up.

I go back in a month at 15 weeks post op for another check up and my gyn has extended all restrictions until then. I am diabetic, so healing is going slowly. I want to be back to my life already but my doctor told me to take it easy, since removing the cancer, getting my diabetes and MTHFR under control I will probably live a long life
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:55 PM

Ah ha! Thanks! I noticed some ladies seem to have a sooner check-up & I was just a little worried that something could be missed (even though I feel really good).
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:43 PM

Most of the cancer patients have an earlier checkup because the gyn onc wants to discuss the pathology report in person. I did have an internal check-up at that 2 1/2 week appointment and it was ok. He used the teeny tiny speculum and it didn't hurt at all! I was a fast healer.
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife276 View Post

I had a TAH on 11/11. I had a 2 week visit last Tuesday and all he did was check the incision and ask how I'm feeling, what symptoms I had, etc. I have a follow up at 6 weeks, so sounds like I am on the same schedule as you. I was dreading an internal exam since I was worried it would hurt, but he said they don't do that till 6 weeks.
Unread 12-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Normally my doc does 2 weeks (no internal) and 6 weeks (internal check), but due to holidays, it will be 3 week (today) and 7 week. Weird how some folks go to GP for staple removal. Our GYN docs do all of that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register