TAH belly hurts..not feeling so nice today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

belly hurts..not feeling so nice today belly hurts..not feeling so nice today

Unread 12-04-2010, 09:39 PM
belly hurts..not feeling so nice today

Well I really thought that I was heading in the right direction but today I just feel awful. I have been driving and doing a bit more walking... maybe I should have waited for the dr to clear me..but by gosh its been 6 weeks. I shouldn't feel this bad just driving around my little city and I dont even do that much. It might be the exercise though.

But anywho...I have this nagging pain right under my belly button. I know I should "take it easy" but I wont be able to take it easy when I am back to work. Gotta be up and ready to go. I sit down at my desk but sitting prone all day hurts my belly button too. So that's why I say I really cant take it that easy. I want to be stronger when I go in to the job. I have 2 weeks left. Maybe my dr will extend it for me I guess I just needed to vent. This is taking forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Re: belly hurts..not feeling so nice today

I know how you feel cuz I too had some pain under my belly button the other day and I went for one drive to go get some groceries. May not have been a good idea as I was tired after doing that. And the next day I was tired that I ended up taking a nap in the afternoon. Even though its been six weeks, we still have to be patient with ourselves. I am right there with you. Hang in there.
Unread 12-06-2010, 10:34 AM

I read your thread yesterday and thought about it and I am having the same pain right below my belly button. I was given the all clear last week (at 6 weeks post op) and have no restrictions. I didn't dive into life before my TAH but I am doing more. I started work full time last Monday and after sitting all week, I have a desk job, my vagina was sore. But, after resting all weekend, not sitting all day, it feels better. So, now I know I need to get up and walk around more. I have been picking up the pace when I walk, exercise, but not the amount. I still only walk 15-20 minutes for exercise, but a little faster now. I still take it easy when I bend or lift. I have not really started my core exercieses yet, but instead I did start really working on my pelvic floor exercises ( as suggested from this site). I am worried about doing too much too soon and it resulting in prolapses.

But, my tummy is tender and sore. Not, the incision but more from my swelly belly. This all just reminds me that it really does take 6 months to a year to fully recover. I just need to be more patient

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2010, 03:43 PM

I still have a lot of swelly belly, it increases as the day goes on. I don't have many problems driving, as long as I don't drive my car. I can drive my husband's pickup and my parents SUV without problems, but trying to drive my sport's car is impossible. I still find myself wearing stretchy pants due to the swelly belly. If I need to leave the house and run errands I do it in the morning before swelly belly starts so I can wear my jeans. Luckily I have lost weight since the surgery and can wear my jeans.

I get frustrated with how crappy I feel at times, but I just have to keep reminding myself I had a major surgery and it is going to take time to recover. Hang in there. Hugs.
Unread 12-06-2010, 03:58 PM

I am 3 months postop TAH/BSO and still have belly ache. I had the exact same pain below my belly button, about half-way between belly button and incision right?!. I am still wearing the panty girdle undies cause if I don't my whole lower belly aches. I don't want to get you down as you are more recent postop then me but I am still recovering (people say it can take up to 6 months for our belly to feel back to normal). If you do find out what the pain below the belly button is from, please post as I never figured out what causes it.
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew1 View Post
I am 3 months postop TAH/BSO and still have belly ache. I had the exact same pain below my belly button, about half-way between belly button and incision right?!. I am still wearing the panty girdle undies cause if I don't my whole lower belly aches. I don't want to get you down as you are more recent postop then me but I am still recovering (people say it can take up to 6 months for our belly to feel back to normal). If you do find out what the pain below the belly button is from, please post as I never figured out what causes it.
dew1...I am going to the dr tomorrow and that is one of the things on my the list to ask..about the belly button pain. And that's pretty much exactly where it is. I know that it takes time ..but arrrggghh! I want to start trying to lose some weight and if just walking is making my belly hurt....I don't know what the elliptical might do. Let you know what the dr says

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register