Anyone getting haircut before? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone getting haircut before? Anyone getting haircut before?

Unread 03-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Anyone getting haircut before?

Hi all - I was wondering if anyone is getting their hair cut pretty short b4 the big day? My DH hates short hair on me - mines a little longer than shoulder length.

But, 3 days b4 I am getting it cut pretty short - I want it to look cute and tended to while I recover.

Anyone else doing this or am I crazy? I really want to avoid bed head in a rubber band while I recover.

I did go to Kohls today - they have all their flannel drawstring jammie bottoms for $2!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2004, 05:57 PM

Hi sister,

I too got my hair cut short before surgery, and for the most part I was glad--it made me feel stylish and fresh. Maybe I did not get it cut short enough, because I still had to style it quite a bit(round brush, mouse, palm aid)... there were day that I wished I had my pony tail back. I get my second cut tomorrow (seven weeks post-op) and I think I'll go even shorter!

Best to you as you enter the castle!

mafalee
Unread 03-30-2004, 06:07 PM

Yup, cut 8 inches off. I wanted to have it look stylishly bed-headed rather than medusa-crazy. I really like it...ponytails were easy, but I don't even have to dry this in cold weather. Got it cut 2 weeks ago, and I'll have it done again before sx.
akita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2004, 06:13 PM

I just got home from getting my haircut and a little pampering before my day...it is coming quick! My day started out a little rough with my emotions running wild. I felt much better after I took care of the silly little things.....hair cut, pedicure(don't forget those toenails)....so now I am heading off for a nice warm bath!
Laurie
Unread 03-30-2004, 06:16 PM

Me too!! Funny how we all do so many of the same kinda crazy things before.
Carrie
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:11 PM

Getting mine cute also! Told my husband he thought it was cool! I wanted to be able to maintain it without looking awful when people show up!!
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:21 PM

Yep. I got mine cut shorter than I've worn it since I was four years old.

Everybody loves it! I love it because all I have to do is wash it and comb it. Can't beat that, can you?
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:22 PM
I regret it!!!

I got about 8 inches cut off, I would have been alot better off with the stringy pony tail!!!

I have resorted to getting a perm, to make it look half way good! I will never get my hair cut short again.

Tonya
TAH, 2-12-04
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Re: I regret it!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by readyandwaiting
I got about 8 inches cut off, I would have been alot better off with the stringy pony tail!!!

I have resorted to getting a perm, to make it look half way good! I will never get my hair cut short again.

Tonya
TAH, 2-12-04
Gee, what happened there? I am sorry, it is difficult when we hate our hair.
Carrie
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:32 PM

It's a good idea to have your hair cut or at least trimmed before sugery. The anesthesia can play havic on your hair. So if you have dry hair or split end it's a good idea to do this and do a deep conditioning before you go. Also have a good conditioner ready for post op. I didn't do anything with mine before and now it feels like a wire brush.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register