LSH Back to work today, almost 3 weeks post-op. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to work today, almost 3 weeks post-op. Back to work today, almost 3 weeks post-op.

Unread 10-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Back to work today, almost 3 weeks post-op.

Hoping to spread a little good news around here . . . tomorrow (Wednesday) will mark 3 weeks since my LSH. Yesterday I had my post-op check-up and was cleared to resume all normal activities. Today I went back to work (as a nurse, so on my feet for 8 hours) for a full shift and it went just fine! I'm a little tired, but I've just had three weeks off -- who wouldn't be?!?

Just wanted to share!! Best wishes to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Re: Back to work today, almost 3 weeks post-op.

Congrats TangoRomeo! I know that I wouldn't have been able to go back so soon and I am not on my feet all day either. I am glad you are doing well.
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM

YAY! Good for you! I am really nervous about returning and I am not even going to attempt til at least after 4 full weeks off. I know that there wont be any in between for me, I will go from nothing to 12-15 hour days on feet in restaurant in first week back, so I plan on taking it slow. Still, it is good to know that you made it through, even though you have a physically demanding job- gives me a little hope!

Merr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM

Yeah...that gives me hopes that I will be able to return to my job at 4 weeks. I only work part time and it is not a physically demanding job so I am hoping.
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:29 PM

Rmix2- dont forget that your sugery was way different with the abdominal cut. From what I have heard it requires more recovery time. I had a LAVH, and 4 weeks off is my goal but if I need longer I will take it. I hope you are able, but please dont rush, your health is more important!
Merr
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:34 PM

Thank you Merr. I really am feeling really good right now. The worst part about the abdominal cut is the rubbing of the pants against it. The pain has been more of a "bruised" feeling. It is more tender to the touch than anything, at least at this point. I just hope I can continue to improve. I am not allowed back without a doctor's note so it will really be totally up to my doc whether I can go back or not. I am praying I can do it. Thanks Merr!
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMIx2 View Post
I am not allowed back without a doctor's note so it will really be totally up to my doc whether I can go back or not.
Thats good. I hope you can too! I know a friend of mine who had a TAH that was desparate for $ and her work didnt require a doctors note- so she went back after 3 days off! Crazy huh? She ended up with all kinds of complications and is still suffering a year later! I cant even imagine going back after 3 days. I would have keeled over and died. Anyway, glad you are looking out for yourself and feeling good. Its funny, I thought my surgery would be way easier than what you had, but I have had nothing but complications and pain since day one, guess it all depends ramdom chance, or maybe my body just sucks Oh well, Ill get there eventually.
Merr
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:52 PM

I think every "body" is different. I have
a friend that had davinci and struggled. Another lady had the laproscpic surgery and she is having a rough time. I am giving my feeling good to the power of prayer. There is NO way I could go back in 3 days. That is crazy. The secretary at my work had a hyst. And she keeps telling me to take my time if I need it. My doc said she has only allowed 1 person to return in 4 weeks after a surgery like this so I am trying not to get my hopes up too much. I love my job and the people I work with.
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:57 PM

YAY!!!!!! I am so glad you are feeling well! I thought about you all day today! I can't wait to hear about it in your blog!
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:39 PM

What great news! I am a nurse as well and am itching to get back to work. I had a LAVH on 9/16. My first post op is not scheduled until 4 weeks out. My work will not allow me back without MD note and will not allow me back on restrictions. Sadly for me, it is completely up to the Dr on when I can return since I have to be 100% for my work to let me back onto the floor. It has been so hard for me the last 2 weeks or so. As a nurse I am running/lifting/positioning for 8-9 hours straight at night and also run 3-4 days a week. I went from all of that to absolutely nothing, the boredom is driving me crazy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register