Pamper the princess??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pamper the princess??? Pamper the princess???

Unread 09-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Pamper the princess???

It's 3 and a half weeks post op and I am under tremendous pressure to work. After an hour at work this morning and being laid up yesterday from overdoing it the day before I was experiencing a lot of discomfort and nausea yet plugged through another couple of hours. I feel like I am going to collapse. My spouse thinks I should be able to handle it and am being a little dramatic. I'm home...just thinking that I "should be" unloading the dishwasher but cannot physically do it. Part of me says I should be stronger, the other part says pamper the princess. Someone give me permission to pamper please. Otherwise I may lose my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Pamper the princess???

Pamper!!!

I am 5 weeks, and I over did it. Not because my dh but because I am stupid, in fact if he saw what I did he would have been mad! Last week I did too much and now I have bad pain in my right side and am laying around today, and I had big plans for this weekend.
Unread 09-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Pamper the princess???

Definitely pamper. And maybe ask your doctor to remind your husband that you JUST HAD MAJOR SURGERY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Pamper the princess???

I had TAH on 8/20 and I have not been released to return to work, not for 3 more weeks. Maybe your dr. can give to a note for limited release to work. I can not imagine going back yet. I am going stir crazy, but when I do a bunch, I am completely wiped out for the next day! Do your best to take it easy....take hugs,
Unread 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Pamper the princess???

You have 100% enthusiastic, empathetic, supportive, unqualified, never ending, permission to pamper the princess. Somehow that dishwasher will get unloaded without you . . .
Unread 09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Pamper the princess???

Pamper! Pamper! Pamper!
You still have a lot of recovering to do. It is so hard to be patient - we all know. But you MUST be patient and you MUST NOT over do it. That'll set you back everytime! Perhaps your husband could vist the MisterSister site? That might give him a little insight into what you should not be doing. Alot of women are not released to go back to work until at least 6 weeks post op. Remember that you only get one chance to recover properly!
Unread 09-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Pamper the princess???

Pamper away you need it and you deserve it and your body will thank you.
Unread 09-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Pamper the princess???

I am only two weeks post op. The only limitations I was given was no heavy lifting/bending/excersise/sex. So yes I have been driving because I am not on pain meds. But if I do alot in the AM I find myself really tired the rest of the day. I try to limit myself to get up for a few hours and go out have lunch, go for a walk,. But when I get back home its straight to bed for me!
Unread 09-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Pamper the princess???

Thanks so much ladies for your support and permission to pamper. The fact that I "only have one chance to recover properly" hit home. Big Hugs gf's. Wishing everyone a speedy and full, uncomplicated recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register