Scheduled TAH OR Cancelled! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OR Cancelled! OR Cancelled!

Unread 07-26-2009, 08:25 AM
OR Cancelled!

Hi, I was in the castle Friday 24 for my 12o TAH. Waited in gown etc...at 2:45 Dr. came up and cancelled my surgery:complication in the previous one and was now to late to start. I'm sorry for the lady with complications-they said she was fine. But what a mess now!! Already applied for unemployment insurance(in Canada), had someone installed at work.... Dr. going on vacation now, 'squeezed' me in for surgery Aug. 19. Emotionally I'm just numb, was so scared before, but got there.
Oh well, maybe I'll be more relaxed next time and better prepared. There must be some grand scheme 'up there' where this way is a better plan. Thanks to all you Hystersisters for all your support.
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Re: OR Cancelled!

Donna - I am so sorry. I honestly can't imagine what I've had done. I had such a fear of being canceled the weeks leading up to the surgery and mine was actually changed but only by one day. Yes, I do believe things happen for a reason. I hope that you can get some enjoyment out of the next few weeks before your surgery.
Unread 07-26-2009, 08:42 AM

So sorry that your surgery was delayed. It must be so frustrating for you to get yourself emotionally psyched up and then have it cancelled. I know how hard it was for me to go in in the morning and wait (I really was stressing out all day inside because I had never been in the hospital for a surgery) as I was the last surgery of the day. Especially frustrating when you have rearranged your entire life around it. I agree that the next time around you will probably be more relaxed! Not many of us get a "second chance", if you will, to go through that part of this process. There definitely has to be a bigger plan out there for you!
Lots of Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2009, 08:45 AM

Oh, gosh. I've had fears of that happening to me but everything went smoothly. Mine was the first of the day so...WHEW. I didn't even think of what would happen if another surgery had a few glitches in them.
We never know what the 'grand scheme' holds for us out there, but it has to be all good. Hang there. Your peaceful day will come. I'm sure your doctor's signature/reason will help out with the unemployment.
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:40 AM

Thanks for your thoughtful replies, it's so comforting. (I'm still amazed at all the caring out there, very faith restoring! xoxo)
I hope you're all healing well & uneventfully, with lots of pamperinghttps://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/images/smilies/HSflowers.gif 'HUGS"
Donna
Unread 07-26-2009, 02:32 PM

This exact thing happened to me! They cancelled the day of because earier surgeries ran way behind. They then scheduled me for 6 weeks later. I was able to push it up by 3 weeks and had my TAH on 7/13/09, Numb is exactly how i felt, i let myself feel bad for that one day, but then in the end once i realized i had no control, i was able to enjoy events with family/friends that i orignally would have missed out on. I so know how you feel, and will think good thoughts for you!!!
Unread 07-26-2009, 03:42 PM

Sorry your surgery had to be rescheduled. It's really rough to get all prepared and then have to hear that you can't have surgery on the day you had planned.

Hope all goes well for you the second time.
Unread 07-26-2009, 05:11 PM

I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am sending you all my best wishes.
Unread 07-26-2009, 06:53 PM

That is horrible. I'm sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how you must have felt!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register