Uhm.....That would be a NO! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uhm.....That would be a NO! Uhm.....That would be a NO!

Unread 05-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Uhm.....That would be a NO!

Well...I woke up this AM...three weeks post op...feeling pretty good and looking pretty good, too, if I do say so myself...I also did not take any Motrin today because I have considered myself "cured"!!! Decided to "lunch" with the girls in town today...so I put on my clothes which consist of a swingy type blouse and my jeans which I cannot button to the top yet...and set out...walked from a parking space wayyyyy out....walked all over friend's work...upstairs, downstairs thru hallways..you know...doing what normal people do and loving it...sat down to lunch and talked/laughed with the girls...and then...tried to get up from the seat...I had tears spring to my eyes...I walked like a turtle to my car and drove 15 mph all the way home...walked in house...stripped...put Jammies back on and took Motrin...WHAT WAS I THINKING??? I guess Dr's really do know what they are saying about 6 weeks recovery...please take it easy ladies...I just happen to be of those people that have to learn the hard way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 06:05 PM

LOL...and theres spring in the air!...we have ALL done it...it was worth it, wasnt it? just to be "normal" for a lil while?...At 3 wks, My Dh and I went to supper with some friends...and then...Ron White concert!.......OMG.......my belly hurt for 2 days from laughing so hard!!...but it was worth it!!...

Hope you feeling better 2moro...gonna be nice
Unread 05-05-2008, 06:29 PM

I am only two weeks out and I keep underestimating myself. I feel fine no real pain to complain about but then I spend the day in the garden and feel like I did a week ago. Your right they really mean 6 weeks or more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 06:34 PM

get those feet up and relax tonight!!!! I know, it's easy to go out and do too much. I did that my second week and I couldn't get my PJs on fast enough when I came home! My belly had doubled its size, too!! LOL
I didn't wear jenas out though...I was afraid. Instead, I wore loose fitting crop pants (2 sizes bigger than they should've been!)and I was still uncomfortable. It took me a good 2-3 days to recover after that.
Stay safe and be good to your body.
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:19 PM

I must say, I got a large chuckle out of this post! All I could think was, "there has to be an over-acheiver in every group".

I'm sorry you had the 'can't listen/gotta feel' experience. Do feel better soon!

Best wishes!
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:07 PM

oh my. Please take it easy!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register