six week postop and ultrasound new cycst in a few hours | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

six week postop and ultrasound new cycst in a few hours six week postop and ultrasound new cycst in a few hours

Unread 08-12-2010, 10:31 AM
six week postop and ultrasound new cycst in a few hours

hello everyone , i am so nervous today I go for my six week post up ( that part isnt that bad lol) but i am scared about getting a pelvic for the first time with no cervix .. im worried that its going to hurt ! and my dr isnt exactly known for being gentle ( lets put it this way about 10 years ago after My miscarriage ( wich set into motion all the problems leading to my hyst ).. I had to get a quintuple biopsy of my cervix .. he did this with no pain meds in his office ( Ive since heard that pain medication is the norm with numbing medication to the site , and have even heard some women get a epidural during the same procedure i had with nothing ! and when I cried he screamed in my face ! so yeah he isnt the most caring and gentle Dr so i am scared of the pain he might inflict .. then onto my biggest fear of the day I also have to get an ultrasound to re measure the 3cm cyst they found on my right ovary last thursday .. Im really scared to see what the ultrasound has to say , I hope it has shrunk or burst or what ever but I am pretty sure its still just as big maybe bigger , Im a pretty small /thin girl and this new lump (ovary cyst ) is very noticable and very easy to feel thru my abdomen ....plus it seems to be making me bloat alot today my belly seems less swollen but yesterday i looked like i swollowed a bowling ball (its so frustrating .. I just had surgery to remove a giant uterus filled with tumors and scars and my belly most days lookes just like it did before my hyst ( like the belly of a 3 month pregnant woman ) ugh !!!! I wanna get well and put all these reproductive problems behind me .. at least for a while Im 29 and everysince i was diagnosed with fibroids mid 27 Ive suffured thru lupron treatment and 3 surgerys in less than 3 years !!! and now this ovary problem .. ugh Im sick of having surgery every year and being layed up all summer ! I wanna get out and swim and go to the zoo/park and have pic nics and play with my dogs and ride bikes ! lol i just wanna get of the **** couch ! ok enought whineing Ill update more after my apt at 1:45 today

thanks for being there hystersisters !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Re: six week postop and ultrasound new cycst in a few hours

Oh my. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today for sure Sometimes I think these male OBGYN'S are just so used to doing these procedures on a routine basis that they forget that their patient is a human! I hope everything goes well today and please keep us updated!
Cats
Unread 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM

I had to have multiple biopsies of my cervix done at one time and my Dr. did them in the office and no numbing either and man oh man did that HURT!!! So I feel your pain. Hope everything goes okay with your appointment. Praying for cyst to be smaller or better yet gone. Good Luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2010, 01:20 PM

I hope for the best for you today. Please let us know the outcome, we are always here for you.
Unread 08-12-2010, 06:02 PM

thank you everyone , I didnt get much info today .. he said everything else including vaginal cuff is healing great he even said no granulomas or anything and that i am a great healer ! that part was awesome and Im so happy ( although the exam was a bit painfull).. the aggervating part is he wants to wait another 2 weeks to ultrasound the cyst , I know its probably just a monthly cyst that will resolve on its own , but givin my hysters and especially being only 6 weeks post op I feel like I should be taken seriously and just check and make sure it just a monthly cyst before we assume its no big deal then it turnes into one ya know ? any way its only two more weeks it just means two more weeks of worry for me .. does anyone know how large the normal monthly folicular cysts are ? mine is 3cm and from what i hear your ovary itself is only 3 cm .. so it sounds big to me .. although I did read of some cysts becoming 8 cm and still resolving themselfs .. Im just confused and frustrated
Unread 08-12-2010, 08:07 PM

Have you considered a new dr? You sound frustrated with this one and with their style of care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register