Sick of people saying................ - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sick of people saying................ Sick of people saying................

Unread 09-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Sick of people saying................

** hum Sobbie ....... I know that one too! My co-workers were full of the " ...... you look well " stuff too (which I took in a complimentary way thru gritted teeth mind!) In a pleasant manner I replied that it just went to show how ill I'd been and that I still needed time to heal on the inside so would need to be careful for longer.

Truth was I felt absolutely fantastic from the surgery too ........ BUT for the lower back problems that bugged me from day 1 post op. As it is, I lost my job because of it after 15 months as it turns out it somehow brought out the underlying osteoarthritis. And d'ya know ..... if I see my co-workers, they still say " ...... you look so well" !! I give up lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2005, 04:45 PM

Cherry~ Bet you did'nt expect this many replies. The whole like a C-section thing is bull ~Thank you Homesick! I have a friend who says she knows how I feel because she had 3 C-sections, but she doesn't.
I agree the second you put make- up on and attempt an outting you are well!I am only 2 weeks and am starting to get around. Tomarrow I may need to rest all day and I'm not going to feel the least bit guilty,
as someone 5 or even 8 weeks shouldn't either.Glad you gals are here to share this~
Unread 09-27-2005, 07:28 PM

I am seeing my Dr Thursday and it will be 5 weeks this Friday. I find it so hard for me to sit still and whenever I feel well I seem to go to town. At about 4 weeks I still felt pretty good but then I caught a viral infection. Started with sneezing and then to coughing. Gratefully, my tummy handled it quite well. So happy I didn't catch this earlier in my recovery. Even now, I am working from home on a golf tournament for Oct 7th. I have the hardest time when I feel well to sit and see the house getting worse. I work so much and on so many committees that I burn myself out and usually don't notice the dirt so much. BUT NOW! It is staring me in my face and I am home. Maybe I need to be on drugs to keep me mellow and so not care. I worry that I may make my life worse but I pray not. I know going back to work will be harder than most think because I do tire in the afternoons and must at least lay down. How does one turn off the being a productive person button? I do have insomia at times and I really think that is because I nap in the afternoon and there is no excersise to wear me out unless I do stuff. Then I sleep like a baby.
Unread 09-28-2005, 08:26 AM

Wow! There are truly a lot of misguided people out there in the world. I guess I have been fairly lucky. Most of the people I have dealt with are more aware (it helps to have a friend who had a hyst. a few years ago). The only one who seems to think my recovery should be sooner is my step mom. She had one about 30 or35 years ago and keeps telling me how she was carpooling for her sons' preschool a week later and had to take care of the baby too. I am glad she doesn't live anywhere near me.
I feel for those of you who are having to deal with the stupid people.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register