Sept / Oct Princesses Swelly Belly? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sept / Oct Princesses Swelly Belly? Sept / Oct Princesses Swelly Belly?

Unread 12-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Sept / Oct Princesses Swelly Belly?

Did any other Sept/Oct princesses experience extra swelly belly over Christmas? I'm assuming just over doing even though I'm farther along in recovery. My belly is definitely bigger than a couple weeks ago.

s to all and have a blessed and restful holiday season!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2005, 10:13 AM

I'm 3 weeks post op today and I definetly have more swelly belly after Xmas, Cindy!

Christmas Eve was my first big car ride and let me tell you, it hurt bad. I'm sure I overdid it, now I'm having swelling in the area under my incision (ie, my whole public area is swollen). My poor incision isn't getting any air because my belly is so swollen. Help!!!
Unread 12-27-2005, 10:17 AM

ZenLibrarian,
I have the pubic area swelling too and thought I wouldn't have it this far along in my recovery. Maybe this is just a sign to put our feet up for awhile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2005, 10:31 AM

Today is my six week anniversary and although feeling much better I am still feeling quite lethargic and can't be bothered doing very much. My main disappointment is my stomach. Although I have never had a flat stomach (and probably never will have one) it is still so big that I am still having to wear tracksuits all the time. The shape is awful. If this is normal and it is only a matter of time before it will go down then I will be satisfied and will be patient. Does anyone else have the same problem.
Unread 12-27-2005, 01:51 PM

UGH.. My surgery was Sept 8th.. I havent had swelly belly until now.. And like AVK explained the shape (yikes) is ugly.. I am a small woman, i weigh about 105 lbs, and i have rolls on my belly and pubic area, and it just looks (not very nice).. I hope that the feeling comes back and that my tummy softens and smoothes out... But if not, oh well, i guess i can deal with it if i have too..
Unread 12-27-2005, 02:56 PM

My belly is a lot bigger now.. I took my first hour walk on Christmas with hubby and it's still swollen.. It was worth it though. ;-) I had to lay down all day yesterday.. 8 weeks and still get very tired but I can do so much more than before..
Unread 12-27-2005, 03:13 PM

My abdomen definitely is a little fuller since Christmas. Part of it could be from all the good food, but I suspect part of it may also be from standing up in the kitchen all day Christmas Day. My jeans are uncomfortably tight right now.
Unread 12-27-2005, 03:17 PM

Christmas Eve, I couldn't even zip my pants. The nice Christmas outfit I had bought to wear stayed in the closet. Had to wear stretch pants. Thank heavens I got to wear a choir robe at Mass! We sang the first half of Messiah and after all that standing, I was toast in terms of stamina. And my belly was even more huge after that. Ugh.
Unread 12-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Oct 6th TAH BSO

Yep - I lost weight and could tell I had a MUCH flatter stomach after surgery, even though I'm queen size. But if I'm on my feet a lot, I look 9 months pregnant. I stood at the copier/scanner at work too long one day last week and it took 2-3 days of taking it very easy, keeping my feet up before it looked "normal" again. One day it got so big I kept rubbing it against the desk which, of course, made it bigger.

It does get better though - or so I've heard from the longer term princesses.
Unread 12-27-2005, 04:25 PM

Though I wouldn't wish it on any of you dear princesses, it is nice to know I'm not the only one who was left with Santa's belly after Christmas over-doing. Yay for pajamas!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register