Weird Aches and Pains almost 1 year post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird Aches and Pains   almost 1 year post op Weird Aches and Pains almost 1 year post op

Unread 04-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Weird Aches and Pains almost 1 year post op

I am not sure if this is a question for the hormone area or not. I am 11 mos post op. I've had no problems with really anything ever in my post op. Oh yeah...I have the occasional hot flash, usually at night, but not anything to be in a tizzy about. I am not taking any replacement therapys...I am going it all natural!! BUT, lately, I've had several aches and pains in my bones. Especially when I've been sitting for awhile. When I get up...my hips hurt. My shoulders hurt after I wake up. Once I get started, nothing hurts, but....until I start to move...whoo ee. Is this is the beginning of osteoporosis? I supposed I will be having a DR. visit soon, I can ask...but until then...any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2007, 12:29 PM

I think I remember reading that the hormonal changes we go through at menopuse can make the joints ache as you describe. I bet there are natural and/or medical treatments to help with the pain though, other than hrt if you would like to avoid that. I'm glad that once you move around you feel better. Perhaps after you see your dr. and have him rule out any other problems, stretching as you wake and walking thoughout the day?? Glucosamine chondroitan supplements, a good multivitimin and fish oil tabs, along with site specific exercises for my joint pain, (I use a book called "Pain Free" by Pete Egoscue), give me really good results! After having hip pain for over a year... and neck pain for much longer, I am now pain free most of the time.
I hope this helps a bit and that you are feeling better soon!
Cathy
Unread 04-21-2007, 01:40 PM

Wow Cathy,

I am glad to see another "young" old person here with same problems. I am going to try out the glucosamine and the fish oil. I am already taking a multivitamin. AND now that my schedule has slowed down, I will be back a the gym. Thanks again,
Shawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register