still have pain at 3 1/2 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still have pain at 3 1/2 weeks post op still have pain at 3 1/2 weeks post op

Unread 04-30-2007, 08:28 AM
still have pain at 3 1/2 weeks post op

Hi Sisters
Looking for more advice. Is it normal to still have pain at this stage? I still find it hard to sit for any length of time and to drive.any advice?? Thanks Chocolate Chip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 08:37 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking that this is just the normal part of recovery. I had surgery 4 days after you did, and I have pain if I sit up too long at the computer, and driving is uncomfortable. I wouldn't say I have alot of pain. Most days ,when necessary I take a 625 mg tylenol and go back to bed. I saved the prescribed pain meds though, and take one of those if I have stronger pain. I really hate the fatigue! When I am thinking clearly, I remind myself that the fatigue is a gift. One of the built in safeguards that tells me I am still healing, and to allow my body to do its work.

Blessings,

Maureen
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:17 AM

Yes, I think so, I had TAH on 4/3 and if I sit too long, my back hurts, and if I stand/walk too much my abdominal area hurts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Thanks sisters for replying i guess i have no patience. also i don;t really know how to post on the message board can some one tell me where the right place to go to post so i can do it right.Thanks again for your support.
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:41 PM

I had my surgery on 9th of April and am still feeling pain that after not taking the pain meds, I started taking them again about two days ago, however, I only need them about every twelve hours. As far as driving, my MD told me I couldn't drive for 6-8 weeks and I listerning to him, even though it's hard. I had to ask my husband to church on Sunday( I hated it because I'm so indepedent!
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:32 PM

I'm 5 weeks out today and had a lot of pain yesterday, today it has lessen. The days where we have a lot of pain are fewer as we heal and we all look forward having painfree days.
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Me too

I am almost 3 weeks post-op and I am having the same problems. Dr said I could drive when I went back for 2 week visit but I find that I am still sore or get to hurting after I have driven. When I sit or stand to long I get the same pains and such. I am still taking a half pain pill at night as its still a little uncomfortable laying down.

Susan
TAH 4-11-07
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM

I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow, still can't sit up too long. I can walk farther, bend a little more, still have to have hubby put my shoes on. The pain is worse at the end of the day even though I am not doing anything except walking. Some days are better than others but I have come a long way in the last 2 weeks.
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:37 PM

It will be 4 weeks for me tomorrow, TAH, . I have been standing on my feet 8-10 hours a day on Tuesday-Saturday last week. Sunday I could barely get motivated, very tired and irritable. Today, Monday still painful and probably more so in my abdomen, kinda feels like I am carrying a brick around in there. I did some bending and lifting of some wetsuits ( about 1-2 pounds a piece) repetitively Fri-Sat. I think that is what is giving me pain in my sides. I am going to call my DR. tomorrow just to confirm though. I am trying not to take the pain meds still but the ibuprofen is not working so I need to take the other stuff to get any relief.
Unread 05-01-2007, 05:50 AM

I am 11 weeks out, and still have a few twinges or pulling if I do too much. My dr. would not let me drive for 6 weeks - he said it was too much pulling on the tummmy - so I listened. It was hard to depend on others to get where I wanted to go - but you only get one chance to heal properly and I only want to go FORWARD

When I first started driving, I found that I was so tired when I got home, I had to sit in the car and gather the strentgh to get into the house.

Take it slow and easy, if you get pulling or pain, stop and rest. Whatever kind of surgery you had - there are lots of stitches inside and lots of healing to be completed.

For the first time in my life, I am putting myself and my health FIRST!! I am a new woman and doing better each day. I had a good weekend and today is gonna be even better.

Mary Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register