hip pain anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hip pain anyone? hip pain anyone?

Unread 12-27-2006, 10:42 PM
hip pain anyone?

I am 6 weeks post op and this past week have developed bilateral hip pain. It is a pulling feeling. I thought I read somewhere that with the reconstruction of the vagina without the uterus there could be some pulling or something on surrounding ligaments. I am not really sure so if anyone out there knows anything please let me in on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2006, 08:35 AM
hip pain anyone?

I saw my dr. yesterday and asked him about the pressure/pain I feel close to my hips nearly every day. He said it's normal healing from where they sew everything up inside. Pretty vague answer but he pointed it out on me exactly where I feel it from so seems to be correct. He also said I'll probably feel something there (not painful) for months yet ... yey!
Unread 12-28-2006, 09:21 AM
hip pain anyone?

Joeyanne,

I'm not as far as you are but I've had hip pain since day one of my surgery. Yes, I believe it is the body healing in some way but I also think that, depending on what type of your surgery you had, it is the way they had your legs stretched WAY out for surgery.

I saw my Chiropractor yesterday - he said my hip is definitely out. I have to wait another 3 weeks before he will adjust me.

He told me to continue Advil for the swelling and use a heating pad to help reduce some of the pain.

Best Wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2006, 09:42 AM
hip pain anyone?

Oh yes do I remember the hip pain! I have arthritis in my right hip, but I began having left hip pain also around the same time in my recovery as you. When I asked my doctor, she couldn't attribute it to anything in the surgery and wanted to send me to an ortho. But after coming to the post op board and reading how many others had the same problem at the same time, I knew it had to be from the surgery.
Today, the hip pain is gone. Hang in there, it will get better!!!
Unread 12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
hip pain anyone?

I had hip pain that would run down my thigh. Not sure if it was the surgery since i did have it about a couple weeks before surgery.
I tried stretching, massage but it was still tight and painful.
I went to my acupunturist and 2 days after the first treatment, I was without pain for the first time in months! I had another treatment and one more coming up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register