LSH/BSO with repairs planned, surgery date pending | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH/BSO with repairs planned, surgery date pending LSH/BSO with repairs planned, surgery date pending

Unread 06-14-2008, 10:04 AM
LSH/BSO with repairs planned, surgery date pending

I have written in once before, but have questions now that I have been reading the site for a few weeks.

I am 54 and am waiting for my Dr.'s office to call with my scheduled date for a hyst. My OB/GYN appt was May 9/08 and the office still has not called me with the surgery date. So many times I have wanted to pick up the phone & call to see if they have my date yet, but I have not, thinking they need more time to make the arrangements since another Dr. from out of town is to be involved in the surgery. I'm getting impatient.
I'm having the surgery because of a severe prolapse. I am 54 & still having regular menstruation periods with no pre menopausal symptoms. My Dr. said because of my age he plans to take the uterus, leave the cervix, take the ovaries & fallopian tubes and do cystocele & rectocele repairs.

He said it is a 'subtotal laparoscopic hysterectomy' TVT-O.
I haven't seen this explained in the abbreviations here or heard anyone else mention it. Does anyone know about this?

At first I was a bit upset & anxious about the removal of ovaries, but have come to terms with this after reading some posts. I plan on going on HRT.

My doc gave me this site to go to for information & the names of a couple of books which I have been reading. I have found them all helpful.

I stay away from posts where people have had complications because it just sets my imagination working overtime & I don't need that. I figure I will face things headon if I have to.

I also have a set of 17 stairs at home between my bedroom & the bathroom. It's exercise, not a problem, right? My loving husband will be here to help me.

I am also going to have a little hernia above my belly button fixed at the same time. Hope I am not taking too much on at once as I must get back to work as soon as possible.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I believe I have my anxiety on a leash at the moment.

Last Sat. night I read the 'Loose Lips' thread about things people say & do under the surgical drugs. I sure hope I have nothing to add in that regard afterwards. I was in hilarious laughing mode; just couldn't stop laughing & giggling.

Suzi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2008, 08:07 PM
LSH/BSO with repairs planned, surgery date pending

Hi Suzi!

Your "pre-op attitude" sounds very positive -- good for you! When you get a surgery date, please take a moment to "Edit Your Profile" to include your surgery date and type. Doing so will help us to help you.

I had a different type of hysterectomy than what is planned for you, but others who had a Laparoscopic Subtotal Hysterectomy with repairs will likely be along soon to share.

Many s and Best Wishes,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register