Very Odd "Icky" sensation when bladder is empited??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Odd "Icky" sensation when bladder is empited??? Very Odd "Icky" sensation when bladder is empited???

Unread 01-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Very Odd "Icky" sensation when bladder is empited???

Hi all 's,

I'm nearly 4 weeks post op a TAH, & had adenomyosis and MEGA REALLY DIFFICULT adhesions sticking my bladder to my lower uterine wall !!!

MY ONLY problem now is during and when I'm finishing my peepee I get those most freaky- odd -strange-almost hurting feeling -spasm almost===then it all stops and then nothing!
ANYONE else have this???

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2009, 08:16 AM

Yes! I am 3 weeks post-op. It's worse at the end of the day, so I'm assuming it is just part of the healing process--more rest, more healing time will take care of it. Info from anyone else would be welcome.
Unread 01-03-2009, 09:21 AM

I am getting the same sensations. I am 12 days post op TAH. When my bladder is full it kind of hurts inside. I figure it is pressing on my stitches, but when I go I kind of get this dull achey sensation. It feels like everything is going to fall out of me when I go pee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2009, 09:50 AM

Yes, I am having those feelings now too and I am six weeks post op. Had them at 2 weeks, they went away, and now they are back. They (doctor and doctor's office) said it was bladder spasms and gave me some samples of some medicine to take. My spasms are worse now then right after surgery. The more I drink, too, the worse they are.
Unread 01-03-2009, 10:20 AM

I had them too. In the 4th week they went away completely & my bladder is doing much better now. Best wishes.
Unread 01-03-2009, 11:20 AM

Me too. It does seem to be a part of the healing process.
From what I have read on this site it can take anywhere from a few weeks to months for the bladder to settle in to it's new position and relax.

Mine started up at about 3 weeks post-op. Now it is bad on 1 day okay the next.
Do remember though you may develop a uti after surgery, so if you are unsure go in and get tested. I have been tested twice and both test come back neg.

I wish I could take an antibiotic and be done with it. I am planning to go in and see my doctor on monday when she is back from her holidays. I am hoping she will prescribe me a med to stop the spasms so i can sleep better at night.
Unread 01-03-2009, 12:28 PM

SO GLAD to see this thread!!!! I have to 'hold' my incision while urinating as it feels so odd and funny when I go. That helps, but it is not painful, but feels like it could be if something happened. I assume its part of healing, but I am 5 weeks on Tuesday with TAH and that is probably my greatest irritant.
Unread 01-03-2009, 04:03 PM

I have the same thing going on. I am 10 weeks with a TAH. My bladder(I think) hurts in the morning with my first pee of the day. Right near the end of peeing, it starts to hurt. I didn't know about these spasm's so maybe that is what I am experiencing. If it doesn't stop soon I am going to head in to the doc for her to give her opinion.
Thanks so much for this web site, it's been awesome! DH just doesn't understand!
Cathy
Unread 01-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks everyone

and to all the 's for their comments!!..

It all helps to feel we are NOT alone!!! AYE?? .
I'm sure it will settle down and I know its Def NOT a UTI, as I work as a nurse-aide and deal with UTI's almost weekly---this IS different.
My gyno said my bladder got a real-hard-time in theatre and this is to be expected................

But I HATE IT!!!!
XX Ange
Unread 01-03-2009, 08:55 PM

Well I am 25 days post-op and this is one less thread for me to start, Thank You! I was beginning to think with all the bladder spasms after urination, something must be wrong.

I see there is ALOT of other sister's who are faced with this same issue!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register