surgery jitters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery jitters surgery jitters

Unread 11-15-2003, 10:46 PM
surgery jitters

Hi! I'm looking for another sister out there that possibly had a complete hysterectomy with a bladder lift and a rectal lift all at the same time. (sorry i haven't learned all the abbreviations yet) My Dr. told me I would have the epidural for 24 hours and then wean onto meds. My surgery is Nov.25 and I am really getting ancy. I've cried all day today and don't know why. Just as you all said I can't get everything done in time and it's driving me crazy. I really would appreciate hearing from someone who has been in my shoes and thanks to all of the sisters for such a wonderful site. Thanks again, Roadrunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2003, 04:05 AM
surgery jitters

Hi & good luck.

I'm 5 days post op from total abdominal (TAH) with both ovaries & tubes (BSO) and posterior wall repair. Seem to be doing fine so far (other than I'm awake at 3:50 AM & on the computer).

Hang in there -- I know the pain I'm in now is not much more intense than the pain before -- & there's an end to this.

Take care
Unread 11-16-2003, 07:25 AM
surgery jitters

Roadrunner

Make a list and prioritize. What HAS to get done and what would you like to get done? Delegate. Get help accomplishing your list. If you're like me, you have a list of things that three normal people working 24 hours a day couldn't possibly accomplish. I finally gave up and just dealt with the important stuff. A lot of little chores were taken care of once I returned from the castle. I gave instructions and DBF and DS took care of it. They were capable. Even if they didn't do things exactly the way I would, that was fine.

I'm at 10 1/2 weeks post op and have yet to take over all the chores they have been handling. I decided I like having help with some of the household chores....it's not that I CAN'T do them, but I decided I don't need to run myself trying to do everything. I feel great! I also learned during my recovery time to take some more time for ME.

Make sure you go back into your profile and put your castle date in so you can be sent greetings and best wishes before your surgery.

s
Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2003, 12:55 PM
roadrunner

Thanks so much for understanding. This site is so wonderful and you all are so sweet. I appreciate your concern and I will post my surgery date. Thanks again, Roadrunner
Unread 11-17-2003, 12:03 PM
same date!

Roadrunner, we share a surgery date. I think I will be a tad before you as I am in Australia. Are you getting as nervous as I am?? I am fiunding it so hard to concentrate at work. All I really want to do is go home and nest in preparation instead, I am being forced to attend meaningless meetings. ( note they are only meaningless this week for some reason!)

Oh well, I noted a thread on have a few days off for yourself before surgery, unfortunately its' not smething I have the luxury of doing, but what a great idea!
Unread 11-17-2003, 11:16 PM
We're partners!

Hey Yoda's Cousin, I'm sorry your having to have the surgery too, but at least we can go through it together. I notice you have some of the same problems I have. Are they doing a complete hyst. with everything else repaired at the same time? If so, let me know. I'm interested in knowing in how they are doing your surgery. How long will you be at the castle and what kind of anesthesia will you have. How long is your recovery time going to be? As for as me, I'm supposed to be in for two days. The DR. is making an incision and I'm supposed to have an epidural for pain. I'm really nervous about everything. Don't worry I can't get anything done here at home like I want to and I have a very sick father who is in and out of the hospital and I'm beginning to think I'm gonna have to go to the castle not only for surgery, but to get rest! You just hang in there and keep in touch with me. I want to hear from you some more. Thanks for sharing, Roadrunner
Unread 11-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Tired, cranky and ready to do it!!

Hey Roadrunner. Bummer we have to have surgery, but nice to be able to share it with you.
I am having a TVH, they are leaving the ovaries which amazingly look to be in fine health. ( Amazing as everything else looks to be falling out or growing some kind of fungus/mildew!) I will be having anterior & posterior repairs as well. Althought my surgeons gyn & urogenital doubt I will need any taping or other stuff. merely the 'face lift'

I will be in hospital 3-5 days ( we are not so keen in packing people out of hospital here in Oz, either that or we are all wusses, and need a longer holday!)

For pain, my doctor is most insistent that people in pain don't heal so she is prescribing as she puts it' a cocktail of stuff' for me. Via IM PCA and whatever else is needed. They know I am a complete baby.
Yesterday I put in a 12 hour day at the office and am preparing for a nother today trying to get ready for the surgery. I have this horrible feeling they will start calling me with questions from day 2-3 so I am trying to make sure they all have as much info as possible.

I am sorry to hear about your father, that would make it even more difficult I can imagine. Try to take soem care of yourself too.

What time are you being operated on? As a diabetic I am first on the list. woo hoo. Of course I get the fun enema from the nurses first, as my doctor prefers the staff to administer it! ) sadist!)

6 sleeps to go................ and counting............................
Unread 11-19-2003, 10:54 PM

Hey Yoda,s cousin, Good to hear from you again. My surgery is scheduled first at 7:00 a.m. I hope their on time. I'm ready to get this over with, I think. I've been so busy, but God knows what we need by keeping me busy and if I don't get everything done then My DD can just take care of everything. I cannot do it all. Stay cool and know I'm thinking about you and God will take care of us. Talk to you later, Roadrunner

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register