6 wks. post-op today! Anybody else?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 wks. post-op today! Anybody else?? 6 wks. post-op today! Anybody else??

Unread 07-19-2005, 04:51 PM
6 wks. post-op today! Anybody else??

Hi Ladies, I excited today because it's finally been 6 weeks since my surgery! Tomorrow I will see the dr. for my check-up and am hoping to get the green light for everything. How are all the other 6 week sisters doing? I have been working part-time for 2 weeks, even though sitting at my desk is really making my abdomen sore off and on. I am really tired in the evening and want to go right to sleep. Sleeping kind of light though some nights, and still take some afternoon naps when I can. I've been using the Vivelle dot. 05 for 3 weeks because of some nasty headaches that started after surgery and it seems to be helping.
All in all, I don't exactly feel "normal" but pretty close to it. I'm looking forward to getting some of my usual energy back and having a little fun in the bedroom, too!
Good luck to all you ladies with your recovery!
BonBon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2005, 05:56 PM

Hi BonBon,

We had our sugery on the same day. I'm glad (and almost feel guilty) to say I am back to normal. I returned to work full time at 3 weeks, never had a problem with fatigue and in the past 2 weeks, have'nt even noticed my incision. I'm not on any HRT yet and so far I have not had a hot flash or emotional changes. I don't know when that's going to kick in.I have been very fortunate. I don't go for my post op appt until next Monday. Won't I be shocked if she does'nt say everything is okay! I feel terrible for the sisters that are still having problems and am glad to hear you're feeling good. Best Wishes!

Jean
TAH/BSO
Unread 07-19-2005, 07:45 PM

Glad to hear all is going so well for you. I'm just 2 days behind you. Looking forward to that point of getting back to normal. I had a check-up at 4 weeks and was told to wait until 6 weeks, then ease back into normal activities but I didn't need to return to the doc at 6 weeks. I'm feeling pretty good myself (other than getting tired easily). Isn't it nice to finally hit that "magic" 6-weeks point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2005, 12:01 AM

Hi, Ladies,
I, too am at the 6 wk. point. I go to the Dr. tomorrow. I feel pretty good,
but I still get tired easily. I read on this website under the Checkpoint section some of the symptoms of menopause, and I was surprised to see how many have cropped up since my surgery. I don't know if that means hormone therapy or not. I'll discuss it with the Dr. I have a lot of mixed emotions about going back to work. My boss is ecstatic that I'm coming back, and has offered to let me work reduced hours to see how things go. I work at a fast-food place, and I just don't have the heart to go back on a full-time basis. I am supposed to have a job interview tomorrow after the Dr. visit. It will be interesting to see how things will go. I am wanting to make a change in my life, so am praying and hoping that the Lord will give me direction on which way to go. In a lot of ways the changes are good, but in some ways, they are very scary, too. Thanks for letting me vent!
Unread 07-20-2005, 04:32 AM

I am also at 6 weeks, though I don't have a 6 week post op appointment. So, I am assuming everything is healed inside! I feel pretty good, except for the menopause symptoms (headaches, mood swings and wicked night sweats)! Seems to be getting worse and worse. I have HRT cream in my posession, but have not started it yet. I think I do intend to start the HRT following my foot surgery next week. Hope all 6 weekers are feeling good!
Unread 07-20-2005, 07:30 AM

I was 6 weeks on Monday. I went to the Dr. yesterday. He gave me the green light for everything. He just said to continue to listen towhat my body is telling me. I saw my pathology report for the first time. My uterus was 300 grams and I had lots of fibroids He is allowing me to go back to work on Monday, but with shorter hours for the first two weeks. That is ok with me because I still get very tired.
When I stopped by work after my doctor appointment, my boss had me take a training course on the computer that needed to be done by this Friday. I couldn't believe how worn out I was when I got home. I can be outside walking or swimming for quite awhile and not get tired. It is just really strange that I get so tired when I have to do something that takes a lot of brain power or has me sitting for a long time. I just have a hard time concentrating. I also forget things. I will put clothes in the washer and forget to turn it on. Some of this might be because of the antibiotics I am on for mastoiditis.
I still get occasional pain in my belly and it is tender. The Dr. said yesterday that that was normal. He said I could get occasional pain for up to 6 months.
Overall, he was very pleased with my recovery and how my incision is healing. I am pleased too. I thank God that I never had any real complications.

Wishing everybody a complete and complication free recovery.

Pam
Unread 07-20-2005, 05:16 PM

I was so happy to hear that all you 6 week ladies were doing so good! I had my check-up today and dr. said everything is fine. So even though the "equiptment" is gone, I'm going to try out the "playground" tonight!
DebbieM, good luck with that job interview!
BonBon
Unread 07-20-2005, 09:29 PM
6 week post op

Tomorrow will be my 6 week landmark. Woohoo! I went back to work at exactly 4 weeks and one day which was a Friday. That went well, the second day back was another story. My boss started his vacation so I had to hold down the fort by myself and had to work 10 hours. I crashed shortly after I got home!
I feel great and have to remember not to lift anything over 25 pounds like the dr. said. I wanted to volunteer at our soccer fields this weekend to get them ready for a tournament but DH said "you just had surgery, you don't need to be doing that." I guess he does remember that I'm still recuperating ! As he says my "injury" is not visible so sometimes the family forgets that I'm still mending. DH had an achilles tear last summer and was on crutches so he got lots of sympathy because his injury was right out there for everyone to see!
Unread 07-20-2005, 09:54 PM
6 wks. post-op today! Anybody else?

Hi, Ladies,
I'm back! I saw the Dr. today, and everything is ok. He released me to go back to work, and told me I could pretty well do anything I wanted to do. I told him I was having menopause symptoms, and he's putting me on Premarin. I'm curious to see how it will help. My 15-yr.old dd told me the other day that if having surgery did this to you,(irritable, mood swings, etc...) she didn't want to have any. I told the Dr. that, and he just laughed. I also had the job interview right after the Dr. visit. It went very well. I should know something by the end of the week. I'll let you gals know what I find out. I have been sending my resume out to several different places, so I may be getting more job interviews. TTYL!
Unread 07-20-2005, 10:17 PM

I am 6 weeks too.Feeling pretty good.Go to Dr. tomorrow for check up.Hope to get the all clear for everything.I am on triest and doing good.Seem to have a bit of brain fog tho..things I would not normally do.like forgetting to start the dryer,or put clothes in the washer..Dyed my hair halfway thru before I realized I forgot to put the gloves on...Hubby says I don't listen very well now either.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register