Scheduled TVH Pre-Op Nesting syndrome | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Nesting syndrome Pre-Op Nesting syndrome

Unread 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Pre-Op Nesting syndrome

I think my family should be happy I plan everything out for them. I just planned 21 meals to go into the freezer so all they have to do is choose 1 out and heat for dinner.

Next week is my pre-op appt on the 11th as surgery is set for the 17th.

Getting more nervous the closer it gets. I think it's really the "not knowing" how you'll react that gets me nervous.

Here's hoping to an uneventful surgery and a smooth recovery. I've just started dieting and exercising with my New Year's resolution, and am hoping that my recovery won't mess up my desire to get healthy this year. I realize that I have to give my body time to recover and heal, but will certainly look forward to getting the high sign to start walking again.

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Re: Pre-Op Nesting syndrome

I did the same thing Sandy. I cooked n froze n baked up a storm as well as cleaned a few days before my LAVH this past Tuesday. I agree with you on the nesting thing.
Unread 01-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Doing the same here. Cleaning, fresh bedding and making sure laundry is all caught up before storming the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2011, 09:15 PM

Been working up a storm here. Things have been chaos here with my sister and her 3 children living with us. Some things long over due for being done.

My bedroom is much much much cleaner now. I should mention that an entire room of craft and office stuff ended up in our bedroom to make room. The master bath is partially cleaned.

The Christmas decorations are almost all boxed back up, the tree will come down...I have plenty of pictures with the tree still standing well into February.

The kitchen is partly cleaned. I haven't gotten that far yet. I've been working on the bedroom.

But I have started cooking casseroles to freeze. For the family and smaller milder ones to meet my dietary restrictions. I'd normally just eat with the family but after surgery I'll have to be following things very carefully to prevent flares in reflux and the attack of the "no gall bladder" that I still get. I have bought other things for them to heat and eat. I have my other sister making creamy chicken enchiladas to put in my freezer too. I have stuff to make a couple of lasagnas.

The worst part is that I have full blown nasty bronchitis and feel like absolute crap. Aunt Flo reared her ugly head and I feel even worse. I was passing huge clots with every cough today. Alas the steroids they are battling the bronchitis and asthma flare with makes me not able to sit still...so I just kept going and going and going...I think I over did it now that I have sat down...exhausted...
Unread 01-07-2011, 09:24 PM

I had a TVH on 12/29 and did the whole nesting thing too. I think it's our instinct as wives and moms!

Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I'm sure the family will appreciate all the extra effort you've put in now...before.
Unread 01-08-2011, 01:46 AM

I'm having mine on the 12th. I'm lucky in that my hubby can cook and pretty good too. He had to learn if ge wanted to eat when I was sick for about 3 yrs before it was found I had a seizure disorder that made me nauseous all the time. So we just talked about what he would be making. I have been spending my time trying to get house clean and setting up my recovery space and sewing up storm. Made a bunch of pillows (tummy and otherwise) and rice heat bags. Also did up all of the laundry in the house.  now to fold it. Frig cleaned out, mopping floor tomorow/today, oh and noticed Christmas stuff is all bixed up but forgit the wreath on front door again this year. And mom is coming the sunday after my surgery. If I get everything done (yeah right) I will make me a small quilt to take. Don't want to take my special one. Nope I'm nit stressing at all 
Unread 01-08-2011, 11:13 AM

Same here, cleaning up a storm. Feeling the need to rearrange the kitchen even. (Weird, since I am not the cook, DH has that job). Laundry, fridge, sewing too. Helps keep the mind off things. Had pre-op Friday, DaVinci Hyst on Tuesday morning Jan 11. Glad it's finally here. Been waiting since Dec. 17th. God Bless you all through your procedures and recoveries.
Unread 01-08-2011, 11:25 AM

I have the nesting thing too, only I am having so much pain I can hardly get a thing done. Very frustrating. I have a whole list of "To Do's" written up and have only been able to do a couple things each day. Hopefully I can get it all done or if I can't I won't let it drive me insane
Unread 01-08-2011, 11:27 AM

Hi guys,
I am the total opposite than you. I am so nervous that I put this all out of my head. My surgery is the 26th. I do plan on cleaning but as of meals...omg...21 meals!!!!. I guess I need a reality check. I thought that I would be out of bed within atleast 5 days. I know that I wouldn't be able to cook the whole meal but I thought I could help out. Will I not be up walking around in 5 days? I am having my surgery by lap. Everything taking out but one ovary. They will have to clean out all my endo and I do have adeno so evertything goes. How long will I be down. Oh yeah another problem I had a blood clot in my lung in 2009, so I thought that I would have to get up sooner rather than later. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Unread 01-08-2011, 11:38 AM

From what I understand. we all heal at our own rate. You may be up and moving more then another sister. It is hard to know exactly how you will be feeling. I am trying to prepare for the worst while expecting the best. Hang in there hun. We can all do this together!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register