Anybody want their mom? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody want their mom? Anybody want their mom?

Unread 04-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Anybody want their mom?

My DH is wonderful and my family and friends are the absolute best, but I want my mom. Here I am 44 and the first person I wanted around me when I was told about the hysto was her. But alas this will never happen as I lost this wonderful women to brain cancer 6 years ago. Huge shock, didn't even know she was sick, on vacation one day gone 3 weeks later. She was such a tender, caring lady and I just know she would say and do all the right things. She was so brave with her illness. She would let me go on and on like I am now and never show signs of being bored, or put out. Golly I miss her so much. Sorry ladies just had to let it go, emotions running high today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Anybody want their mom?

I'm so sorry Snorkie that you don't have your mom to comfort you.

The only reason I opted to have my surgery in June is because my mommy will be away for all of May. DH is great, so are my friends, but thank God I still have my mommy to take care of me.

Sending you a big

Tam
Unread 04-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Anybody want their mom?

Hello,

I am so sorry you can't have your Mom here with you in person. But I know she will be with you in every step of this journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Anybody want their mom?

I'm so sorry you lost your mother, especially so unexpectedly. Yes, I did want my mother too. Fortunately, she is alive and well and was there for me.

SusieQ
Unread 04-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Anybody want their mom?

Thanks ladies, you are all so wonderful. Can't you feel the love. I am so glad that you all still have your moms. There is nothing like the love of a mother. Hugs to you all.
Unread 04-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Anybody want their mom?

You have made me realize how lucky I am to have my Mom still with me. I was feeling a little resentment towards my Mom because she is such a nervous person & she is all freaked out about taking me home to my boyfriend's house when I am discharged as he will be at work. Your post made me realize how fortunate I am to have her. Thank you so much for helping me to see that & even though your Mom is not here in person I'm sure that she is with you in your heart. God Bless you!
Unread 04-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Anybody want their mom?

I'm so sorry you don't have you Mom there for you. She sounds like she was quite a lady.

My Mom will be taking care of me, but, to be honest, I wish I had someone else to do so. It's ruining her New Grandmother Time (my sister just had twins).

I think I honestly want/need my sweetheart and my friends more.

I wish I could be there to hug you for your Mom. She's watching out for you, though.
Unread 04-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Many hugs to you!!!

I am so blessed to have my mom!! I also have a wonderful and supportive DH and great kids to love but I want my mom here when I have surgery. Even if she doesn't do a whole lot!! I would still get in her lap if I could fit!LOL! She is such a great caregiver! I am also blessed to have my dad. He is equally as caring as Mom is! I'm so sorry you lost your mom but know she is still with you! I send you many hugs! You have made me realize how blessed I am to have both my parents!! Thanks!

Barbara
Unread 04-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Anybody want their mom?

Awwww ... 's

I am very fortunate in that my wonderful Mom wanted to go to the doctor with me last week (she uses him too)

So, after my ultrasound as well as a lengthy discussion with my Dr., we were off to schedule my TAH/RSO for June 8th, 2004.

My Mom said, you can't have it at the end of June, because I am going to New York for vacation and I just have to be there to take care of you. My DH just

He knew better than to say anything

It's hard on him because, you see, I am the nurturer in the family and he doesn't know what to do right now ... to comfort me, that is. I am trying to be strong and not let him see me cry, but I sure could let out a big

Anyway ... Chin up, toes forward .... The outcome is going to be wonderful and I hope to feel better right away

Tina
Unread 04-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Anybody want their mom?

I have been missing mine terribly. My father died when I was 16, my sweet mom died 11 yrs ago. I miss her more than ever now. I just want her to hold me and give me that special mother love only she could give me.

However, as stated on another post - she WILL be there for you. She will be your hidden strength, and your guardian angel.

It's normal to miss her & want her. My heart goes out to you right now.
Terri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register