LAVH Freezing during the day, flashing at night? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Freezing during the day, flashing at night? Freezing during the day, flashing at night?

Unread 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Freezing during the day, flashing at night?

Hello sisters,
Anyone else noticing the hot flashes at night & freezing during the day? I'm 9 days post-op. I feel feverish but no temp. I've kept my ovaries. I don't feel sick I feel fine. Should I be concerned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Re: Freezing during the day, flashing at night?

I wouldn't be concerned just yet if you don't have a fever. You might check it often just to make sure though.

It could be that your ovaries are "sleeping" or in shock. It is quite common after a hysterectomy. The blood supply gets interrupted during the surgery and sometimes it takes some time for them to wake up and start working properly.

If your symptoms become bothersome, or get worse, please call your to disscuss options to help you find some relief.

to you!!
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:52 PM

I am 23 days post op and have had a similar situation the last few days. I don't feel feverish but am cold a lot during the day and then sometimes hot when I go to bed. I've also had some insomnia. My doc said these are common w/o ovaries, not with. Well, I tell him: I have one ovary left and I know that I'm having some weird things going on. I think surgery affects everything in your body and even more so if you lose one or both of your ovaries. Keep an eye on temp and make sure you call doc if it spikes up. I saw post on here that some lady didn't want to bother her doc w/ 101 temp and ended up with serious infection. It is common for women to just push through stuff but I've found coping with the effects of surgery isn't one of them. I've felt bad bothering the nurse at the doc's office, but I want to be doing the right things to get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2012, 04:31 PM

I have been too. I think that part of it may be that I am not moving much and just sitting in the recliner. It is also colder in our family room. I did have a temp of 99 for a few days so I am not sure if that had something to do with it.
Unread 02-08-2012, 04:41 PM

Thank you ladies I will keep an eye on it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register