Surgery is Monday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is Monday Surgery is Monday

Unread 10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
Surgery is Monday

Just nervous about surgery Monday, Nov. 3. Lots of questions dont know where to begin. Just nice to know that someone here can relate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Surgery is Monday

HI Lisajo,
yes, it is comforting to know that there are other women out there who can relate to what you are going through.

You say you have a lot of questions, but don't know where to start.... may I suggest you look at the Take a look at the Pre-Op Hints (click here) and the Post-Op Hints (click here), - there is a lot of really good information and advice to be found there as you prepare for your surgery and recovery.

Ask all the questions you want to... and try using the search option at the top of each page to find out about other topics you are specifically interested in.
best wishes,
Unread 10-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Surgery is Monday

I know how you feel, when I was a LIW I couldn't understand how everyone kept saying that the hardest part was waiting. Well the reason its the hardest part is because of the unknown. The what ifs. I didn't like the part that I was going to be put under, a little because of the what if... but when I looked at the real reason I think it was the well I'm not in controll of the situation. After the operation your back in control, I asked the Doctor how long it would take for the operation, which is funny because how was I to know how long I was under. But in some way it gave me peace of mind that I was only going to be put under for 2 hours. 2 hours I could do that.

You need to have faith, in your God, in your doctor in the hospital. Hysterectomys are done a million times a day as you can see by this site. What helped me also was by reading I knew what to expect. I knew about the valuim before the surgery (great stuff to make you calm) I knew when I woke up about how much pain I would be in, about the moraphine pump. The first couple days are NOT easy but it DOES get better and better and better.

I had a SAH/BSO in July, I was back to work in 5 weeks. I feel absolutly great. My sex life is better than ever. I don't go home from work and go to bed. I can even go to my son's games without have to worry about where there is a bathroom and how long it takes me to get to it. If you had major bleeding for your periods you know what I mean.

That is me, and there are just as many women who have had no problems after surgery. Good luck, try and read as much as you can so you know what to expect and have faith.

Unread 10-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Surgery is Monday

My surgery is also on Monday. I have my pre op on Thursday to ask my doctor any questions I may have. I feel a little more prepared so I am not nervous yet. I have had two c-sections two laproscopic surgeries and one oopherectomy. I kind of know what to expect enough to make me feel a little better and more prepared but I'm sure the nerves will kick in soon. Right now I am just really stressed about getting everything taken care of with the kids. I have two disabled children. Tomorow I have my pre-op testing, my son has to get his braces adjusted then we run off to a meeting for the first IEP for my other son. Somewhere in there I have to meet with an attendant care provider that I have no clue if they will show up on Thursday, and Thursday I have my pre-op. I have to make sure someone is set to come for the next week, and somewhere in there go shopping for some comfy pants. Not to mention my husband has to work this weekend so I don't even get a rest before surgery.
Unread 10-28-2003, 02:46 PM
michelle

we have alot in common, i have 2 boys, have had 2 c-sections, 1 laproscopy, i know this has to be done but i have so much to think about, the holidays are coming & w/ children at home, lots to do, i have 10month old baby at home & he needs me constantly, how am i going to tend to him after surgery, i am also worried about therapy afterwards, but the pain is so bad sometimes its scary, i wake up in the middle of the nite & i cant move the bottom half of my body, i just hope it gets better, i dont want to hurt anymore
Unread 10-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Surgery is Monday

lisahjo,
You really need to find someone to care for your 10 month old during your recovery. You could really hurt yourself if you try to pick him up. After a couple weeks it should be ok, but if you have any family or friends you can recruit that would be a good thing to do. I'm not sure what you mean by therapy. When I think of therapy I think of my kids they both get OT, PT and ST. It is getting kind of stressful now with everything because DDD pays for us to have attendant care for both children but the company we contract with have sent me 4 woman who said they would start the next day and the next day I get a call telling me they left the company or can't do it. This last lady told the company that I didn't have food or water in the house. I told her we needed to go shopping but we had plenty for them to eat and drink. We had soups, steak in the freezer, chicken strips, beans, peas, corn, carrots, she fed them stew, and the next day without having gone shopping I was able to rustle enough together to make samon cakes. As far as water goes I had just run out of bottled water but we have really good tap water which is not illegal and we also had a gallon and a half of milk, two types of juice and punch, so to say we didn't have food and water was a complete lie. I guess i'm just nervous that they are going to send someone out and they again are going to say they would love to work with my children and then not show up on Friday. My surgery is Mon. so I don't have time for any more of that. Anyway sorry for that whole thing. My older son is physically disabled and 5 years old, there is no way I could care for him, not to mention I will be in the hospital for about 4 days. And my younger son is 3 but still needs to be assisted in everything like a baby only he is a lot bigger. I would suggest you start making arangements for someone to watch your son.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register